Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS 7.x B2BUA

Hello all,

We currently have a VCS-C 6.0 but would like to upgrade to 7.x and use the B2BUA for calls to MOC/Lync clients through an edge server.  Is it necessary to have the Enhanced OCS Collaboration key on the VCS to do this, or is this needed only for encrypted calls? 

8 Replies 8

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I heard two oppinions on that, it is required as the lync edge server requires encrypted media on the edge server.

But I had seen it in a scenario which used a legecy ocs edge server in a Lync enviroment where it seem to have

worked.

Anyhow, do you really want to have unencrypted media on the internet in between the edge server and

the clients? Just picture wireless clients in a wlan-hotspot, ... not so nice if their traffic gets captured.

So I would strongly recomend the usage of the Enhanced Collaboration Key just by thinking of the Edge server.

And also do not forget findme when you do a Lync/OCS integration and if you have the demand of

HD the AMGW.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

According to the deployment guide the key is needed for call involving the Edge server and also if you would to use media encryption.

Also just be aware that the B2BUA application (One per VCS) has a limit of 50 simultaneous calls between your Lync/OCS environment and the VCS Video environment.

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi William,

If you check the lync deployment guide for x7.1 page no 12#. It will answer you query.

 Calls through Microsoft Edge server are supported (requires Enhanced OCS Collaboration option key and a VCS Expressway).

Expressway basically provides TURN capabilities.

Apparently check the page 42 for more clarification.

Also as pointed by Martin its advisable to have encryption in public domain so that no one can eavesdrop in the call.

Thanks

Alok

Does the Enhanced OCS Collaboration option key need to be installed on the Expressway or VCS hosting the B2BUA application?

In most cases best placed on the Lync-GW-VCS-C

Thanks Martin

Last Question:

I see the key can’t be purchased when ordering a new VCS.

Is this key a free key like the Provisioning key?

The Part Number is: LIC-VCS-OCS

Its not for free,  if I remember it right same price or more expensive than findme.

crunkisized
Level 1
Level 1

In the Microsoft OCS 2007, Lync 2010 and Cisco VCS Deployment Guide for Cisco VCS X7.1, the information regarding MSFT Edge support gets VERY thin.  We have the Enhanced OCS License applied to the "OCS/Lync Gateway" VCS, along with all the B2BUA config.  All it mentions for VCS-C is to configure TURN services and point to VCS-E.  No instructions on what to do with VCS-E ... We've enabled TURN on VCS-E ... anything else need to be done there?  I'm figuring it needs to authenticate somehow.

Thanks for any advice.

Brett

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: