cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS and Neighbor Zones

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

When setting up two VCS' if you only setup one neighbor zone/search will calls complete? Or will you get a failure?

Guess what I'm asking is does each side have to have a neighbor zone? Or if you want calls to go in only 1 direction can you just setup 1 neighbor zone?

I'm not using DNS.

From what I'm seeing you have to have both sides setup each with a neighbor zone for a call to complete. Like the endpoint/vcs has to know the way back via neighbor zone.  I'm trying to make it 1 way.

1 Reply 1

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jason,

whether or not a call will succeed or not with a 1-direction neighbor relationship depends on how the far end VCS is configured, but with most configurations, this will work. When the far end VCS does not have a corresponding neighbor zone, the call will come in via the DefaultZone rather than the neighbor zone, and it therefore depends if the VCS is configured to accept this specific call.

Unless you have any CPL or search rules which specifically deny calls coming in via the DefaultZone, this should normally work.

Please note that with a 1-way neighbor relationship, you will normally not be able to place calls in the other direction (From the VCS which does not have the corresponding neighbor zone in question) unless you are using DNS to route the call.

Hope this helps,

Andreas