Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS and Subzones

chrischelvy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a question about the number of sub zones on the VCS. my understanding, in a single VCS, we can create upto 1000 subzones. if we have a clustered VCS, can we create more subzones?. One of our client ( Bank) have a branches more than 1000, and trying to create subzones for each branch.

Thanks

Regards,

Chris

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi!

No that amount would be the same on a cluster.

Maybe some more distributed model might be handy with specific VCSs handing

specific zones rather then all zones on one VCS.

Do you need to configure links/pipes or why do you need to be so specfic?

I do not know the limitations regards that in CUCM, but CUCM is what you might want to

check out anyhow.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

apart from that i think you want to check this bug "CSCuc98344".

VCS slow to respond when you navigate to subzone page. its fixed in x7.2.2.

regards

Alok

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

If you need more subzones that any one box will support then you will need to have additional VCS's as a peers (not clustered).

New software on a VM server can support more calls, simultaneous searches and registrations but not more zones.

Anyway multple VCSs should solve what your looking for. 

Thanks All. Customer requirement was with High Availability option. So, all the VCSes need to be clustered for a HA.

I think if we have a Super Cluster, that may be satisfy the customer requirements.

Thanks

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: