Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Cluster License key issue

Hi,

I have 2 VCS Control installed with Clustering facility in my setup, and both VCS are added to the TMS also.

After the cluster configuration I am seeing an alarm in TMS like VCSC peer 2 is missing an option key.

This error I am not getting in both VCS(status-->alarm) alarm page, it's only coming in TMS-->Navigator-->VCSC02. and It's not showing in the Master VCS.

This alarm is not making any impact on VCS cluster database  replication.

Alarm:

VCS Master Option key:

VCS Peer2 Option Key:

TMS Version: 13.2

VCSC Version: X7.1

Do i really missing any option key? i am not sure. The document says call license keys may be different on different peers, all other license keys must be identical. Here in my case i think i have different call license key and other license key's are identical. So it should work i don't know why i am getting this Warning on TMS.

If anyone has faced the same issue earlier please let me know the fix.

Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

9 Replies 9

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi!

Hmm, in general the licenses look ok, the call licenses can be different, interworking and provisioning

are both actice on both, ...

Do the VCSs show any errors themselves?

Did you recently add or remove any licenses (like the device provisioning).

Did you try to force refresh both VCS in the system navigator and clear the alarm?

After that I would try to reboot the VCS and the TMS and see if this changes anything, ...

Martin

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply please see my below answers.

Do the VCSs show any errors themselves?

Ans: i didn't got any error on VCS related to this.

Did you recently add or remove any licenses (like the device provisioning).

Ans: i had removed the TURN and Findme license from Master VCS after that i did a restart on both VCS.

Did you try to force refresh both VCS in the system navigator and clear the alarm?

Ans: yes i tried multiple times.

After that I would try to reboot the VCS and the TMS and see if this changes anything, ...

Ans: i have already tried this.

Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

Adam Wamsley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Nikhil,

Your peer VCS is missing a 5 traversal call license, this is what is causing the error/warning. The warning will go away once you had this additional key onto the peer. It will not cause any issues with the cluster, it will just raise the warning.

Adam

Hi Adam,

As per the deployment guide i think i can have different call license key installed on VCS

Cisco_VCS_Cluster_Creation_and_Maintenance_Deployment_Guide_X7-1

Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

Hello Nikhil,

guess its as so often with TMS it can be nicely discussed if this is a feature or a bug, ...

For me it looks like a bug, but I guess when you would file it through TAC you get a

"you would need to file a feature request" back, ...

If you do not see any errors on the VCS I would not worry that much anyhow.

Btw, with two VCS you can have anyhow only have 100 traversal calls each (=200), so

removing the 5 licenses would not have a negative impact, but if it kills the TMS error message, ...

its worth giving a try!

So I would say you have 5 to much on one, not 5 to few on the other :-)

How did you end up with them anyhow, was this a VCS-E / Starterpack before?

Nikhil: please rate the messages using the stars below.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think removing the 5 Traversal license is a good option, because as per the cisco dcoument i can have different call license installed on my peers. So it should work with current license in VCSC and moreover i am getting the same error on my VCSE02 also

Please see the below mentioned license in both VCSE.

Master Peer:

Second Peer:

This was not a starter pack.

Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

yea, the either ack and ignore the error which should not cause and issues or if you

don't like that, escalate the thread to TAC so it gets fixed.

Be careful with taking things to literally, as there might be other things superseding it! :-)

In your case, take a look at the standard features mentioned in the X7.1 admin guide:

"Up to 100 traversalcalls" you have 105.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply

i agree with you i have 105 Traversal license installed on my VCSC, If that is the case why i am getting the same error on VCSE also??

I have already uploaded the VCSE License information on my earlier post.

Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

Hey Nikhil,

I believe that they error will go away if you purge the systems from TMS and then re-add them. Before doing this though keep in mind that additional steps are needed if you have replication enabled.

Adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: