Views
Helpful
Replies

vcs clustering and registration.

KRISHNA K V
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of our customer has got two sites consisting of cisco tandberg endpoints and vcs control and expressway, MCU.  

Site A:

VCS control

VCS Expressway

MCU A

TMS

Endpoints

Site B

VCS Control

VCS Expressway

MCU B.

Endpoints.

VCS Control  Clustering  and expressway clustering  will be done. Internet link is terminated in both the sites.  I would like to know if the following are possible.

• they would like to ensure that all endpoints of site A should be registered to VCS Control in Site A. All Endpoints of Site B should be registered to Site B VCS Control. 
  • When endpoints in Site A want to make a business to business call the call should exit via VCS Expressway in Site A.
  • When Endpoints in Site B want to make a business to busineess call the call should exit via VCS Expressway in Site B.
  • When someone from internet calls a endpoints in Site A the call should come via VCS Expressway in Site A.

Also is it recomended to put vcs control, mcu  behind firewall.

Regards

Krishna

5 Replies 5

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Krishna,

What you want to do is possible. I'd recommend that you take a look at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Cisco_VCS_Control_with_Cisco_VCS_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-1.pdf

Can the TMS on site A reach site B?

I'd also recommend that you use TMS-PE (Provisioning Extension for TMS) if you have provisonable endpoints - Movi, e20, MX200, jabbet tablet etc.

Thanks,

Guy

Dear Guy

Thanks for your repsone. I would like to know more about the outbound and inbound call routing.

Krishna.

Hi Krishna,

Your deployment mostly depends on the sip domains used for Site A or Site B.

Endpoints on Site A and B will use respective sites vcs-control and expressway.

what you have to think are for the calls coming inside to the organization.  are you going to use the same sip domain between same sites ?

how you will differentiate the incoming calls going to site A & B? i think probably you need to setup a neighbor zone as well between the two sites for making this call work properly.

you need to be very specific with your dial plan for the sites A & B

Thnx

Alok

Dear Alok,

Both Site A and SiteB uses Same sip domain. This is for a same company in two different locations within the city.

Krishna

Hi Krishna

i hope in this scenarion the outside calls to your domain will be resolving to site A & B public ip-address, correct? the DNS would be

if thats the case then the call could reach to any of the site and you need a neighbor zone to route the calls which are not related to site A and vice-versa for site B.

search rules will play a important role and you have to be careful with that.

Rgds,

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: