cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-E | An unexpected software error was detected in app[17691]: SIGSEGV (invalid permissions for mapped object) @0x0000565472046ed0

rfurukawasr3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

We have these "Application failed" alarms on VCS-E :

** An unexpected software error was detected in app[17691]: SIGSEGV (invalid permissions for mapped object) @0x0000565472046ed0 **
** An unexpected software error was detected in FsmMain[17691]: unknown reason **

The VCS-E rebooted byself when I see this alarms.

I'll attached the "Incidenc Report" ! My VCS version is: X8.8.1

Thanks so much !!!

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Didn't find any bugs related to either alarm, might be good idea to upgrade to the most recent version of VCS which is X8.9.2.  You'd have to open a TAC case and provide them the incident report, as those of us in the public forums can't open or read that type of file.  Would be good to open a case anyway, so that if it is a bug, it can get fixed.

Randy Valverde Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adding to what Patrick said, I did try to match that signature through our system though I could not find a match, I'd have to look at the crash log itself to view further details on the signature because the Incident report isn't as detailed.

For that you would need to share the system snapshot and the forums are not the a correct resource for that.

So try upgrading first if possible, and if the alarm persists open a case with us and attach the full system snapshot when you open the case.

I'll take it if it lands on my queue.

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

From the crash logs what it seems is that SIP proxy function crashed.

ppcmains/sip/sipproxy/SipProxyMsgDspFsmImpl.cpp 

For the forensic, you need to raise a TAC Case with system snapshot. TAC engineer can dig down and then can verify when the function crashed what was happening.

A lot of time to recover from such crashes, certain thread gets restarted automatically and it changes the system uptime as well. But in actual the system didn't restarted, its just few underline threads got restarted.

Unfortunately syslog and management system like TMS detect it as system restart.

Regards,

Alok