Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Expressway and Lifesize H.460

akistolt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm testing Vcs Expressway on our datacenter and it's located on DMZ with public ip(NO NAT).

We have internal Site1 witch is connected via MPLS to Datacenter. Site1 has one lifesize endpoint registered to VCS expressway with H.323 H.460. There is NO NAT between Site1 and datacenter DMZ where expressway is located.

Endpoint regiters ok. Call to services witch are regitered to expressway are working.

Issues is when LS endpoint call to unknown ip located on internet. Endpoint shows it's private ip to that public endpoint and call fails.

VCS Expressway is configured as following:
Call to unknown IP addresses = Direct

H.323 Assent mode = ON
H.460.18 mode = ON
H.460.19 demultiplexing mode = ON
H.323 preference = Assent

Does anyone know is this scenario supposed to work? Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

1 Reply 1

akistolt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

LifeSize support solved this for me. Here is the resolution:

The calls connected successfully by disabling "Setup Transport address" option in my Private EP.

When "Setup Transport address" is enabled, Private EP will send its private IP in setup message to FAR End unit. If Far End unit is NATed then it will see this Private IP and assume Far End is reachable via private IP and Publish its private IP for H.245 signaling. As VCS can't reach Private IP of Far End unit to establish TCP connection, the call get disconnected.

Please disable "Setup Transport address" in EP which you want to register with VCS Expressway and test calls. It will work correctly.

Access support page of EP using url EP_IP/support (Ex. 10.20.30.40/support)---> username: cli and Password: lifesize ----> Advance comm settings ---> SETUP Transport address is enabled = Click on 'Disable'.