Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS > CUCM communication error

gariusmar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a problem with the communication between VCS and CUCM.

On the VCS-C the SIP trunk to the CUCM seems to be ok.

But i could not place a videocall from VCS to CUCM.

In the sdi trace of the CUCM a x509 certifcate error appears.   

I uploaded the VCS server certificate  as follows to the CUCM:

1) Copy the server certificate from VCS to a text file and save the file with a suffix of .pem.

2) Go to the Cisco VCS’s Server certificate page (Maintenance > Certificate management > Server certificate).

3) Click Show server certificate.

4) Copy all the information displayed including the “-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----“ and ”-----END CERTIFICATE-----” lines into a text file named in the format, for example, VCS-cert.pem.

5) On CUCM, select Cisco Unified OS Administration, click Go and log in.

6) Go to Security > Certificate management then Upload Certificate.

7) Configure the fields as follows: Certificate Name CallManager-trust Root Certificate Description Enter a textual description as required. Upload File Click Browse… and select the .pem file you created in step 1.

8) Click Upload File. 9) Click Close.

And on the SIP trunk Security Profile that i attached to the trunk i use x509 subject name "TANDBERG"

Strange for me is, in the "Certificat Management" on the CUCM is no certifcate with the name TANDBERG.pem and i thougt that must be there.

Could someone help me on this issue ?

Thanks,

Martin

1 Reply 1

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Martin - What error you getting?  Anything about common name mismatch etc?  Have you tried lowercase "tandberg" to see if the connection comes up and able to place calls?

VR

Patrick