Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS HW to VM license migration

We recently purchased 4 x LIC-VVCS-E-M-PAK and 4 x LIC-VVCS-C-M-PAK so we could migrate all our call licensing from VCS HW appliances to VMs, however when I go to redeem one of the PAKs I got for the VCS-C, it's only showing the following as available:

LIC-VVCS-C-M-PAK1
  LIC-VCSE-100 1
  LIC-VCS-GW 

Shouldn't it allow me to enter the serial number of a HW applicance to migrate from, then give me the relevant call licenses also?  Has anyone else had experience migrating HW licenses to VM who could maybe shed some light on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Nick -

Please reference the below discussion, you'll need to email a certain group with Cisco to process the request to rehost the appliance option keys to the VM.  I'm sad to say that there isn't any automatic process in the background that does this when one purchases a migration for any product, it's all manual, and done by the customer most of the time.

vcsvcse-license-migration-hardware-vm

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Nick -

Please reference the below discussion, you'll need to email a certain group with Cisco to process the request to rehost the appliance option keys to the VM.  I'm sad to say that there isn't any automatic process in the background that does this when one purchases a migration for any product, it's all manual, and done by the customer most of the time.

vcsvcse-license-migration-hardware-vm

Thanks  Patrick