cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS X8.2.1 active call duration display

Joe Vallender
Level 3
Level 3

We upgraded VCS's to X8.2.1 for vulnerability remediation.  When I look at Status->Calls->Calls the Duration appears to be calculated using the UTC time as the start time and not the local TZ offset.  When I have been connected for 7 secs the Duration shows 5 hours 7 secs (the system is using valid NTP servers and is set at CST6CDT).  Has anybody else experienced or noticed this?

3 Replies 3

Joe Vallender
Level 3
Level 3

I've found that when setting the System->Time->Time zone to 'America/Chicago' it is ok, but when set to CST6CDT the problem occurs.  I'm still awaiting for answers from my open Cisco case.

Greetings,

I just wanted to add my voice to yours.  We are also running X8.2.1 on both our Control and Expressway, and both are appliances versus VMs.

We are experiencing that same issue.  We are set to EST5EDT, and have a valid and functioning NTP.  When the calls begin they are offset by 4 hours.

I will be opening a TAC case later today so we can track the problem.

Best of luck,

TM

I wondered if there has been a resolution to this as we seem to be seeing a similar issue under x8.2.2.

We set the VCS to 'GB' which should account for daylight savings, however, the time clock now shows an hour ahead of where it should be (i.e. BST (GMT+1) rather than GMT), the the call timers show calls as existing for an additional hour.

Obviously all the log are out as well.

We could force these back to GMT, but of course next spring we will find that the daylight offset will not be applied.

Can we have some feedback from Cisco Please?

Cheers

Chris