cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual Expressway Zones

jamie
Level 1
Level 1

From what I read it looks like you need to have 2 zones (c & e); does this mean that you will need to virtual servers to run Expressway off of?  Or can this be done with two virtual nic's off one server / instance of expressway?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

They are not two zones, they are two separate VMs, one is EXP-C and the other one is EXP-E, you use the same installer as the VCSs, depending on what licensing you install, you'll turn it into one of the 4 options.

And depending on what you are going to do, you will actually need to buy the license for the dual networking on the EXP-E

I assume you'll do MRA or Jabber guest, I suggest you review the guides for either of them, which are available under the VCS documentation.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

They are not two zones, they are two separate VMs, one is EXP-C and the other one is EXP-E, you use the same installer as the VCSs, depending on what licensing you install, you'll turn it into one of the 4 options.

And depending on what you are going to do, you will actually need to buy the license for the dual networking on the EXP-E

I assume you'll do MRA or Jabber guest, I suggest you review the guides for either of them, which are available under the VCS documentation.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Jaime for clear this up for me.

Jamie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: