cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VM VCS-Expressway Core X14.0.9

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

Running VM,  VCS Exp Core on version 14.0.9 and need to go past 14.0.9.  I need to move to smart license. 
CISCO identified security vulnerabilities on versions below 14.2.0 so I need to upgrade.
I have a smart license virtual account and generated a registration .txt file.  
I looked at various CISCO documentation .pdfs and even watched a couple cisco videos.  
Still a bit unsure of the process. 
My VCS Exp Core is running with perpetual licenses and when I tried to move them to smart license I get "invalid". 
My VCS Exp Core is on a private network with no access to internet and much have PLR license token. 
I don't believe I should have to spend more money for licensing if I have current licenses ? 
Any additional guidance would be appreciated. 

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you are running Expressways and using them as you did with VCS, ie for device registration, you should be able to get the license(s) moved into your smart account by following the instructions given by @b.winter. Reach out to Cisco licensing support with your request to get the license information put into your smart account.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

If you have problems moving valid licenses covered by an active support contract, then just open a licensing TAC and ask them to transfer the licenses to the SA.

And you shouldn't use VCS anymore, as this "product" won't be developed any further. Switch them to Expressway.
Further, don't use X14.2, as there are also a lot of critical issues. Best to use is X14.3

We are running the Servers as Expressway -Core's we still use the term VCS but call it VCS Exp C and VCS Exp E ... 

Chet Cronin

If you are running Expressways and using them as you did with VCS, ie for device registration, you should be able to get the license(s) moved into your smart account by following the instructions given by @b.winter. Reach out to Cisco licensing support with your request to get the license information put into your smart account.

Response Signature