cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VQ - TMS - CMS

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

I have CMS cluster and installed VQ Conference MGR. 

I also have Codians and using TMS. 

The CMS is on TMS also. 

I haven't started using VQ although it's installed and configured. 

I tried to schedule a call on TMS using the CMS and two VTC systems. 

When the call launched it did not appear that it started on CMS.  I assume the CMS calls the endpoints when it launches from TMS ?   Or does TMS dial the endpoints into the CMS conf ID ? 

Or is the fact the VQ is also connected with CMS and over riding TMS scheduling feature ?? 

Thank you. 

I wish we never bought VQ..   I like Cisco CMM .. 

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to review the conference logs and details as seen within TMS to determine what is expected and what occurred. With an autoconnect meeting, TMS will instruct the devices to make a call. The direction of that call could be from the CMS to the endpoints or the endpoints to the CMS. TMS will show the direction. For a OBTP meeting, TMS would have provided the dial in details to the endpoints, and it is up to the end user of the endpoint to dial into the meeting.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to review the conference logs and details as seen within TMS to determine what is expected and what occurred. With an autoconnect meeting, TMS will instruct the devices to make a call. The direction of that call could be from the CMS to the endpoints or the endpoints to the CMS. TMS will show the direction. For a OBTP meeting, TMS would have provided the dial in details to the endpoints, and it is up to the end user of the endpoint to dial into the meeting.