cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is required for multyparty conference with Cisco SX10?

dnunez003
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings.

We purchased 3 Cisco SX10 cameras. We can make calls from one camera to another using the IP address. Now we want to do multyparty conference, but it seems is not possible without some kind of server (or webex).

I noticed mentions to CUCM. I know I would need to purchase it, but I want to ask if there is some kind of demo of it, and how to request it.

Or, do we only need to register the cameras with any TelePresence server?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The CUCM option, while it will give you a great platform for building an on-prem unified communications solution, is probably way too complex and over the top for what you require.

The simplest option to do what you want to do would be to register the devices to the Webex Cloud - this will give you the ability to have the meetings you want without changing much else.

The next option you could look at would be as @Lawrence James suggested, and replace one of the devices with a new one that supports Multisite.  I would not recommend the SX20 though, as they go end of sale on 29 October 2019, so you would be better off with something current such as the Room Kit Mini (just make sure you purchase the Multisite Option Key) - the Room Kit Mini can be considered the replacement product for the old SX10.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

To do Multiparty conferencing you do need additional components to make that work. What those components will be is determined by what your present and future requirements and what type of environment you want to support. 

- Scale (how many in the future)

- On-Premises or Off-Premises (or Cloud) or Hybrid

- Budget

- Support

If you only have three now and your environment allows cloud services, look at Cloud-based offerings like - BlueJeans, GlowPoint, or etc... With a cloud offering, you can scale quickly if needed and has support techs that can be called on if needed.  

The other route for a non-cloud based option is to replace one of the SX10's with (or add) an SX20 with MultiSite (MS) option. The SX20 with the MS option has built-in Multipoint support for up to 4 participants. This is the simplest solution in that once added you just dial out to the other participants just like making a normal call or accept the calls when they call you. 

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The CUCM option, while it will give you a great platform for building an on-prem unified communications solution, is probably way too complex and over the top for what you require.

The simplest option to do what you want to do would be to register the devices to the Webex Cloud - this will give you the ability to have the meetings you want without changing much else.

The next option you could look at would be as @Lawrence James suggested, and replace one of the devices with a new one that supports Multisite.  I would not recommend the SX20 though, as they go end of sale on 29 October 2019, so you would be better off with something current such as the Room Kit Mini (just make sure you purchase the Multisite Option Key) - the Room Kit Mini can be considered the replacement product for the old SX10.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: