cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the HDCP version of CHS 435HDC?

JaJeff34061
Level 1
Level 1

We just received a Cisco CHS 435HDC set-top box from Verizon and replaced the Direct TV Set-top box that was installed. Video was displaying fine with the Direct TV box, but when we hooked everything up to the CHS box we only got a blue screen to display. We switched the HDMI that was connected to the CHS box and plugged it into a laptop and then everything displayed fine again.

We ran a coax cable to the TV , not through the CHS box, and everything displayed fine. We tried resetting the box, made sure everything was plugged in, etc. etc. 

We have a HDMI through Ethernet extender going from the box to the TV and I have confirmed that both, extender and TV,  use HDCP 2.2 and was wondering if the CHS uses an older version of HDCP that isn't compatible with this version. And if so, do we have to get a converter for it? I've also read that HDMI splitters can help fix the problem?

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What happens when you don't use your extenders and plug the HDMI from the output of the CHS directly in to the TV?  Does it work then?  If so, then that would point to your extenders as being the issue, and I'd try some non-HDCP2.2 ones if you don't need to transmit 4K.

Or, you could go back to Verizon and ask them if they have something more modern for you to use than that old piece of hardware.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.