Views
Helpful
Replies

Where did TMS put my back up?

Mike Hagans
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I used TMS to perform a backup on our infrastructure devices (VCS-C and E cluster) which are devices added in TMS.. 

TMS said the back up was completed, but where did it put the back up files? I was assuming I could run a back up each week/each time I make a change and then store those files perhaps on a file share somewhere in case I ever needed to do a restore... 

Thanks for the assistance!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

This has been asked before :) - see https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11510741/tms-backup-question

For my VCS clusters I much prefer to create system backups on the individual VCS itself instead of TMS prior to doing any upgrades, changes etc.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Jens mentions, if you perform a backup of the TMS managed systems it backup that data to the TMS database (tmsng). There is no option to store this backup data outside of the database, if you wish to do this, you'll be required to perform the backups of these systems yourself manually.

This is exactly the same scenario as your other question posted here: backing-tms.  Which by the way, hasn't been marked as being answered even though it has been, if you would, please do so.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

This has been asked before :) - see https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11510741/tms-backup-question

For my VCS clusters I much prefer to create system backups on the individual VCS itself instead of TMS prior to doing any upgrades, changes etc.

/jens

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Jens mentions, if you perform a backup of the TMS managed systems it backup that data to the TMS database (tmsng). There is no option to store this backup data outside of the database, if you wish to do this, you'll be required to perform the backups of these systems yourself manually.

This is exactly the same scenario as your other question posted here: backing-tms.  Which by the way, hasn't been marked as being answered even though it has been, if you would, please do so.