cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which ports should be used between SX20 and Intouch?

quake3bak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I'm a junior Telepresence engineer,

I'm facing to make pairing SX20 and Intouch. These have same subnet mask, and same G/W.

with doing configuring, I have had some qurious things.

Question,

1. should these have to have same subnet mask and same G/W? if then, why?

2. which ports are using when pair SX20 and Intouch?

3. How to proceed of H.323 NAT mode

(I know what ON / OFF mode, and also how it works, but I couldn't understand Auto mode, there is no documents about it 

This is just my think I hope I'm wrong.

I'm afriad that auto mode automatically calculrate the subnet checking for public or non-public ip by internal logic,

after that, decide source ip tochange or keep when H.323 calling.

if that, what about users have public IPs and they use them as private IPs except for few ip for security,

and they use to 1:1 NAT or PAT for using internet. then how they check it's private or public.

Sorry for inconvient reading, this is not my mother language. and I wish expert's kindness.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, inTouch able to peer with codec from different network subnet as long as gateway IP address correctly configured.

SSH

Please refer to https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3794585#3794585 where had same discussion.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, inTouch able to peer with codec from different network subnet as long as gateway IP address correctly configured.

SSH

Please refer to https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3794585#3794585 where had same discussion.

I think we are already a step too far when we start looking at the TCP ports used (SSH port 22) when the basic IP reachability between touch and codec has not even been tested (I think it has not been tested when I look at questions about subnet and gateway address, etc...). So, can we first :

1) check out what the IP address is of the touch panel

2) check out what the IP address is of the codec

3) execute ping from codec to touch to see whether that works

The latter we can do from admin shell, i.e. telnet or ssh to the codec's IP address and then do following command :

Welcome to dderidde.ex90.home

TANDBERG Codec Release TE6.0.1.47c1258

SW Release Date: 2013-01-08

OK

systemtools network ping 169.254.1.30

ping: 169.254.1.30 (169.254.1.30), 3 packets, timeout 2 seconds.

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, avg rtt 0.812 ms

OK

In my case, the IP address of the touch is 169.254.1.30 since my touch is directly connected, however, the command remains the same if you want to ping address over LAN.

Check the following document to verify IP address on touch panel.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc5/user_guide/profile-series_codec-c-series_qs-c20_sx20-qs_mx-series_touch_user_guide_tc51.pdf

See page 42 : Administrator settings -> Network Settings -> IP & VLAN - Touch

If that does not work, you have IP connectivity issue.

I knew Intouch is needed SSH port when connect SX20 by your writing, bu I still have a question.

who is the SSH Server, SX20 or both? I think the answer is SX20... is it correct?

thanks for your advice.

Hello,

Apart from the ssh tcp port you also need port 4043 and 4044 open to allow touch version checking and upgrade.

Danny.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: