Views
Helpful
Replies

xhistory calllog from Cisco SX20 codec

cesar.barbaroto
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Someone can help me? I have a Cisco SX20 with the software version TC7.2.1, I´d like know, If has limitation to extract call logs from SX20 using the command line:

xhistory calllog call

I need extract the last 30 days, always, one time the month.

Tks,

Cesar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You may have been able to see some logs, but it wasn't a complete list of all the calls made (unless you really didn't use the unit much at all).

With TC7.2.1, you can grab the call history via the web interface in a much more readable format (Diagnostics, Call History) - but having a look at that, it only shows the last 100 calls (which for the unit I looked at is only a few days worth, not the "last 30 days" you're after).

You really need TMS to capture and record the CDRs to be able to report for any significant time frame.  You can download TMS and run it as a demo version to report on up to 3 devices without any licencing.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think there is a maximum number of entries and maybe time these info are shown and entries might be flushed by the user as well.

Which information are you looking for and what are you looking on archiving by getting this data?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello Martin,

I am looking for basic connections data, eg: start time, IP source, Protocol, End time

strange is that to the version C6.0 work, but, on the version TC 7.0 and TC7.1, do not work.

Tks

Cesar

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can only get very basic information from the xhistory, and if you make a lot of calls, it will not contain a whole month's worth of data - the device only keeps a small list of the most recent calls.

To do more complex reporting of the calls, you're better off using TMS to collect and report on the call detail records.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne,

Thanks for yor help!

Strange is that to the version TC6.0 worked, but, the version TC 7.0 and TC7.1, do not worked.

tks,

Cesar

You may have been able to see some logs, but it wasn't a complete list of all the calls made (unless you really didn't use the unit much at all).

With TC7.2.1, you can grab the call history via the web interface in a much more readable format (Diagnostics, Call History) - but having a look at that, it only shows the last 100 calls (which for the unit I looked at is only a few days worth, not the "last 30 days" you're after).

You really need TMS to capture and record the CDRs to be able to report for any significant time frame.  You can download TMS and run it as a demo version to report on up to 3 devices without any licencing.

Wayne
--

Wayne

Hello Wayne,

You  are right!  Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: