cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Zoom One Button to Push Join Meeting on Cisco Room Kit (RoomOS)

I have been tasked with figuring out how to get One Button to Push work for Zoom meetings on a Cisco room kit. I initially set up the Zoom Connector with Calendar integration. I can see the Room Kit connected in the Zoom admin portal, but one button to push does not work unless we enable Parsing SIP URIs in the calendar integration options. This works, but it has the unfortunate side effect of also giving users a Join option in Webex application.

I contacted Zoom support and they tell me RoomOS is not supported with the Connector, only CE. CE is not an option for us, we cloud register our Room Kits. Has anyone found a way to get OBTP to work for Zoom meetings on Cisco Room Kits running RoomOS? Ideally without using the SIP Parsing.

Thanks.

20 Replies 20

No Zoom expert but AFAIK the way OBTP works is to parse the message for the meeting in the calendar for a string that matches the definition of what would trigger a OBTP to show up on the device. So without the parsing option you mentioned it would not work.

Response Signature

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Roger is right - the SIP parsing is how OBTP works. As far as Zoom stating RoomOS isn't supported, it definitely works, I have been on Zoom meetings with a cloud registered endpoint. RoomOS and CE are not much different. May I ask why are you opposed to users having OBTP for Webex meetings? 

Hi Patrick, I have a client that shares a Zoom invite with the Calendar associated with a Space that has the room kit pro as a device.  Device is cloud registered and used Exchange/365 Expressway.

No green OBTP comes up? What would you suggest?!

Hi Patrick, I have a client that shares a Zoom invite with the Calendar associated with a Space that has the room kit pro as a device.  Device is cloud registered and used Exchange/365 Expressway.

No green OBTP comes up? What would you suggest?!

@petergrahamau 
So there are a few things to unpack here...

1) The Zoom API Connector did not support RoomOS at the time of your initial post... however it does now.
2) If you want to use Hybrid Calendar for your OBTP then this absolutely can work... however there is one small caveat.  We do standard SIP parsing for meetings other than known meeting types (Webex, VIMT, Google).  This means we will parse most any standard SIP URI in an invite and provide OBTP for that meeting.  This includes Zoom.   However, we intentionally will omit any email based URI... The issue comes when using clients such as Outlook for Windows...  Outlook for Windows has an active-link helper which adds a mailto: handler to the Zoom SIP URI.  This will cause our Hybrid Calendar to intentionally ignore the join SIP URI as it is stated to be a mailto: Email address.   This doesn't happen if you are using Outlook for macOS or a client like Apple Mail for example.  You can address this by editing your Zoom invite template and adding a sip: handler to the beginning of the SIP URI to prevent Outlook from assuming it's an email address and adding the mailto: handler.

With that being said... We are doing some enhancements to know about the @zooomcrc.com URI and automatically parsing for it despite the mailto: handler provided from Outlook on Windows.   This should be done sometime in Q1 of CY22 and make this work even better!

Here is a link to a YouTube series with a lot of interop videos and this is addressed... Specifically the Zoom videos and the Hybrid Calendar ones.  https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFnC_lctlhHBcN5lBY5f7kgYNX-hNY0d4

@Dustin Baker Great information! Would the same hold true for Outlook and Microsoft Teams meeting invites? We’re having issues with OBTP not showing up for these if we forward an instance of a recurring meeting to a room account to get it to show up in the room calendar and OBTP. It does show in the room calendar, but not OBTP.

Appreciate your valuable input on this.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg I would take a look at the Hybrid Calendar video which goes a bit in depth on this topic.  However in short... we only support MS Teams invites that are Cisco VIMT (CVI) with Hybrid Calendar, so 3rd party CVI invites would not work (however WebRTC links would).  Secondly you would have to make sure you have the Calendar Processing rules set to allow processing of external invites and ensure the invites do not remove the content of the invite.  

We're a WebRTC shop. Will check the video.

We do have OBTP to work for direct invites to the room and if we forward an external arrived invite to the room account.

Response Signature

Thanks for your reply. It is comprehensive, much appreciated.

Just to clarify though, I only posted this message two days ago so has the Zoom API Connector changed to support RoomOS in this timeframe? My client was at time of teh Room deployment(last week) running latest cloud release on the Room Pro.

Dustin,

Regarding your comment from Dec: 

With that being said... We are doing some enhancements to know about the @zooomcrc.com URI and automatically parsing for it despite the mailto: handler provided from Outlook on Windows.   This should be done sometime in Q1 of CY22 and make this work even better!

Is this enhancement still expected in Q1? We have a lot of customer's who receive Zoom invites from a lot of different 3rd parties. Getting every new 3rd party to change their Zoom invite formats to suit Cisco's parsing logic is not well received.

Thanks, Gregg

1-973-585-3045

Hi @Dustin Baker Any update on the enhancement planned for Q1 CY22 around automatically parsing the Zoom SIP URI for OBTP? We need to set it up for a customer and I am trying to find guidance/documentation on what exactly is required for OBTP setup for Zoom meetings.

Sergio Quezada
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Andrew,

I would think you could still utilize TMS for your OBTP..... That said we have just added a Zoom Dialer button and just schooled the folks on how to dial (per our pre-configured routes). I am attaching the Macro here, use it if you like and Good Luck.

Hi @Sergio Quezada   thanks for this.

After importing the macro, is there a trick to getting it  to show on the device?

I imported your macro to a desktop pro but a zoom dial button is not displayed!

You’ll have to define it to show with a UI extension.

An example on how this could look from one of our systems.

image.png

The ID used in the extension is the same as you have in the macro, in this example "webex_start".

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: