Views
Helpful
Replies

1700 MXP RELEASE KEY

lcalderon01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to obtain the release key of a 1700 MXP using API commands, and if it possible wich are the commands I have to use for it.

Thanks.

Regards.

14 Replies 14

msuthar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Luis,

There is no such API command to check the release key for the 1700 MXP codec.

Without release key, it would give you a warning message "Missing release key".

If it is not giving this message, then it should be having the release key of that software version.

If you require the software release key, then you can generate the software release key from the Licensing tool by using the serial number of the codec.

Link for Licensing tool:- www.cisco.com/go/licensing

Thanks Mukesh for your swift response.

The device is not under a contract so I can´t obtain the release key on the licensing portal, and I want to reinstall de software version.

It is the only way to obtain the release key?

Thanks.

yes, Licensing portal is the only way by which you can obtain the software release key.

Since the device is not under warranty, then it will be hard to get the software release key.

What is the software version currently installed ?

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

The current version software is the 8.2.

Good, see my post here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3971210#3971210

Follow the instructions in that post and copy and paste the text of the e-mail I posted.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "Answered" if applicable.

I just wondered if it would be shown on a factroy default reset, but its just the

bandwidth and feature keys.

Jens: where yould the software version be important?

If its F9, I think it should be possible to upgrade without re-entering the key again

and for all old versions your article would fit ;-)

Besides that, first checking what is listed in the licensing system might be a handy idea

http://www.cisco.com/go/license

I did not check it if its what is searched for, but if you FTP to an endpoint there is also some

file release key, but I did not check if one of the lines is the actual release key, but there is

a file /user/relkeys.v1 which might be of interest, ...

$ ncftp ftp://admin:TANDBERG@192.168.101.148

NcFTP 3.2.5 (Feb 02, 2011) by Mike Gleason (http://www.NcFTP.com/contact/).

Connecting to 192.168.101.148...

Service ready for new user.

Logging in...

User logged in, proceed.

Logged in to 192.168.101.148.

Current remote directory is /.

ncftp / > ls

all.prm        event.log      sw.pkg         user/

dir.prm        security.log   tmp/

ncftp / > cd user/

Requested file action okay, completed.

ncftp /user > ls

autorestore.bak    lang/             relkeys.v1

globdir.prm        profiles/

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin, read my post which I linked to above - it explains it all; software versions prior to F9.1 are eligble for free upgrade to F9.1.

/jens

First of all there was a smiley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley

second, again, if F9.x then F9.3.1 can be uploaded with out a release key = no problem

if older you should get it via tac cisco = no problem neither (if the right way is used, ...)

Nachricht geändert durch Martin Koch

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Yes, which is why I asked about the software version....

TAC won't issue RKs when the system does no longer have a service contract, (which is the case here), unless Cisco policies have changed very, very recently.

I went through TAC twice, then Lincensing once, and was refused on every single occasion - until I worded it exactly the way I posted it here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3971210#3971210 and e-mailed this to licensing, and received new RKs within an hour.

/jens

Hello. Could you duplicate your message. Your link is not working

BespalovRoman - that response and link are over seven years old. I suggest you start a new thread to find whatever it is you are looking for. 

Jens' link was just to wording that is also shown in many of the security vulnerability messages - but this won't likely be of any use to you now as the 1700 MXP is well past its End of Support date (28 February 2017) so no matter what information you provide the TAC, they will not be able to assist you.

If you are really lucky, and have a good relationship with your local Cisco Account Team, they may be able to assist through the back channels on such an old device, however, it'd be highly recommended that you look at using a newer and supportable product instead.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.