Views
Helpful
Replies

2 TMS -> 1 sql - TMS02 SQL ports?

johan.alkarp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Are about to setup an enviroment with 2 TMS pointing to the same SQL db. It's currently up and running, however, TMS02 had some communication problems through the firewall, seems to be getting some communication over UDP/1434, but even though we opened that port up we weren't able to create a full connection through the firewall.

We eventually solved this by permitting ip<->ip through the firewall, but security restrictions wont allow us to use this way.

So in short what i'm after is which ports does TMS02 communicate towards the SQL db on?

TCP /1433 is open, TMS->SQL, for both TMS servers.

Cheerios!

// Johan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Johan,

TMS02 uses the same SQL port as TMS01.

And "UDP/1434" is only required if not connecting to the named instance directly  and usually if the instance is using the non-standard SQL TCP port, i.e. 1433.

Is the SQL Browser Service enabled on the SQL server? If not, then I'd recommend enabling it.

And interesting that there is a FW between the TMS application servers and the SQL...meaning awkward to say the least. And I think it would be a good idea for you to review our TMS Redundancy documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/config_guide/Cisco_TMS__Redundancy_Deployment_Guide_13-2.pdf

rgds,

Dale

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Johan,

TMS02 uses the same SQL port as TMS01.

And "UDP/1434" is only required if not connecting to the named instance directly  and usually if the instance is using the non-standard SQL TCP port, i.e. 1433.

Is the SQL Browser Service enabled on the SQL server? If not, then I'd recommend enabling it.

And interesting that there is a FW between the TMS application servers and the SQL...meaning awkward to say the least. And I think it would be a good idea for you to review our TMS Redundancy documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/config_guide/Cisco_TMS__Redundancy_Deployment_Guide_13-2.pdf

rgds,

Dale

Thanks for your reply!

// Johan