Views
Helpful
Replies

2 TMS in an environment

teazercool
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask if we can have a 2 TMS server in an environment having same devices that was registered to it. The 1 server is just only for testing/POC. Will there be any effect on the management?

Thanks,
Erson

4 Replies 4

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most definitely...meaning you can't have two management systems 'fighting' over the same devices, as well as a whole lot of other services and functions TMS provides to those devices. Therefore, this is not supported nor recommended.

Hi Erson,

You can have two TMS in your network, however only 1 will be active at a time and in case of failure of 1st one, second TMS will take over. The database replication will remain same for both of them i.e SQL database would remain the same.

For more information, you can refer the below guide. :-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/config_guide/Cisco_TMS__Redundancy_Deployment_Guide_13-2.pdf

Hope this is informative.

Thanks,

Saurabh

@Saurabh: If he is looking at this from a TMS Redundancy point of view...meaning one TMS sql db (aka tmsng)...then I totally agree However, and as he said 1 x TMS would be for testing, I read this has being he wanted two totally seperate TMSs...meaning two seperate sql dbs.

And with that said, and the fact the TMS is all about the sql db, I don't think he would want to be "testing" by setting up a second TMS pointing at a "production" TMS deployment.

teazercool
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Thank you for all your comment. Since we are following cisco best practice then better not to install 2 TMS in one SQL DB. I thought this is possible.

@Dale, yes supposed to be the 1 TMS ill do it for some testing..since the SQL db is pulling up information in single DB only then might not be possible.

Thank you guys.

Erson