cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3000mxp Video goes black?

James Evans
Level 1
Level 1

I regularly connect two 3000mxp's together and do lengthy connections using duo video. I have been having a problem since I began connecting them together. I connect them in the morning like around 9am with duo video active. By about 7:30pm the recive unit loses the main video from the the host unit. If I stop the duo call the recive site can see the main video. However, as soon  as I re-establish the duo call the main video is lost again. The only solution I have found so far is to disconnect the call entirely. This cleares up the issue untill the next day.

One thing I am cirtain of, is at the remote site no one is doing anything with the Tandberg. I am sure of that at the host site as well. I relaize an easy solution would be to just reset the call after 8 hours but I am curios if anyone might have an idea as to why this is happening?

5 Replies 5

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi James.

This sounds strange.  What software versions do you run?

I have seen issues like this with older software versions, but I have no experience with it recently.  You would have to make sure to run the newest F9.1.2 software. F9.1.2  is available from cisco.com if you have a valid service contract.

Thanks

//Marius

The host machine is running version F9.0.2. the recieve machine is running f9.1.2. Unfortunately we dont have service contracts so were on our own for this one.

Hi James,

This is not a major upgrade but a minor one. You're upgrading from F9.0.2 to F9.1. I dont think you require a release key for this upgrade. You only require release keys for major upgrades i.e if you're upgrading from F8.0 to F9.0.

Hence, I think you can try and upgrade and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Is there a way to find the release key that was used on it last?

I ask beacuse above the install software button the release key field is blank. If I dont need a new key would I put the existing one in there or leave it blank?

I went ahead ad tried the update. I left the release key field blank. The Tandberg reused the stored release key from its last update. The update went without a hitch. Thanks Mubashshir  for that suggestion. Now its a matter of time to see if this resolves my video issue. I think it will as the patch notes indiacte a bug fix worded similar to the issue I am having.