cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3515-MCU24 Moderator Pin

colan.haisell
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to create any type of Conference via the Browser Create Conference page I get the error output of:

error: Wrong Moderator PIN

I can not find the document that details how to configure the Moderator PIN. Please help!

Regards,

Col

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Here is the procedure In the PIN Settings tab you can define a policy for the use of PINs for accessing a conference.

Step 1 In the Administrator interface, on the sidebar, click MCU (if not already selected).

Step 2 Click Services. Select the service you wish to configure and click Add.

The Automatic Service Definition dialog box appears.

Step 3 Click Advanced Management and Security.

The Management and Security interface appears.

Step 4 Click PIN Settings.

Step 5 Select Force conference PIN protection if you want user to enter a PIN when creating or entering a conference using this service.

Step 6 Select Do not to ask for conference PIN when dialing-out to invitees if you want only dial-in participants to enter the conference PIN.

Step 7 Click OK.

Then you don't get this error. Try it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Here is the procedure In the PIN Settings tab you can define a policy for the use of PINs for accessing a conference.

Step 1 In the Administrator interface, on the sidebar, click MCU (if not already selected).

Step 2 Click Services. Select the service you wish to configure and click Add.

The Automatic Service Definition dialog box appears.

Step 3 Click Advanced Management and Security.

The Management and Security interface appears.

Step 4 Click PIN Settings.

Step 5 Select Force conference PIN protection if you want user to enter a PIN when creating or entering a conference using this service.

Step 6 Select Do not to ask for conference PIN when dialing-out to invitees if you want only dial-in participants to enter the conference PIN.

Step 7 Click OK.

Then you don't get this error. Try it.

Thanks sbilgi but I still get the error of wrong moderator PIN.

I've got the same error message...

Did you figure out why ?

G'day,

Yes eventually got it working and believe that not all features of the MCU were available until it was registered to with a GateKeeper. Once this was address then we were able to able to configure any PIN we wanted as described in detail in the post above that I have marked as the Resolution for this thread.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: