cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4 Expressway Servers being on at the same time causes video jitter

wrainwater
Level 1
Level 1

I am at a loss. We currently have 4 cisco expressway servers (2 E's and 2 C's) all in a cluster. Whenever one pair is down while the other is up there is no problems. When all four of them are enabled however, the video chops. I've worked with plenty of engineers on this and we checked everything from the routing to the QOS, etc. It all looks fine. I have no idea how to fix this. Has anyone else had this problem? 

3 Replies 3

Sounds like there's packet loss between a specific pair. Try testing with Exp-C 1 and Exp-E 2 up, while the others are down, then visa versa. Remeber that your "primary" Expressway-C won't always default to sending to your "primary" Expressway-E. Each all could go Exp-C 1 > Exp-E 2 etc.

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Your description of your scenario makes no sense, you are saying you have two E's and two C's "all in a cluster"? You can't cluster E's and C's, they serve two different purposes. 

Assuming you have two clusters, one E and one C - are the two nodes for each in the same DC, or are they in different locations? If different locations, what is the round trip delay between those two locations (and what version of code are you running)?

• my apologies. I meant C+E AND C+E in individual clusters. they are in different locations