cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

60fps at 768Kbps with SX20?

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1
I am trying to get my SX20 to connect to an EX60 at 60fps over 768Kbps. I have set the optimal definition settings to Medium and 1024x576 as indicated in the admin guide, but I can only acheive 30fps. I've tried bumping the BW upto 1152Kbps, and used the same optimal settings, which didn't work. Then I tried at 1152Kbps High and 1280x720, but its still only 30fps. Am I missing something? Both SX20 and EX60 are at TC7.0.2. Darren
10 Replies 10

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are your calls going via a VCS, and if so, is the bandwidth limited on your VCS, as if so, changing the call rate on the endpoints won't have any effect if you're trying to make it larger than what the VCS allows, so your VCS may be limiting your call rate to, for example, 512k, even though you're trying to dial at 1152k from your endpoint.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

VCS zones and sub zones are good. I did not have the Premium Resolution on my SX20. Now I can get 60fps at 1152Kbps, but at 768Kbps with optimal Def set to High and 1024x576 the SX20 TX 30fps. The admin guide says it should work. Any suggestions why it's not?

UPDATE: further testing did not reproduce the same results.  Using HIGH and 1024x576 over 768Kbps, SX20 trasmitted 60fps.  No changes made to account for this.

Did you set the "Video Input Source 1 OptimalDefinition Threshold60fps" setting as well as the "Video Input Source 1 OptimalDefinition Profile" setting?

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Yes, on both endpoints it is High and 1024x576.

What about your "Video Input Source 1 Quality" setting?  Have you got that set to Motion?

Wayne
--

Yes, motion. With both the EX60 and sx20 set to motion, High and 768x448 at 768Kbps, I get 60fps TX and RX, but when I use 1024x576 I get SX20 TX 30fps while EX60 still TX 60fps.

From what I can see, if you have it set as you've said, ie:

Call Rate: 768 (and not limits on VCS)
Optimal Definition: High
Quality: Motion
60FPS Threshold: 1024x576

You should be getting 60fps.  I'm not in front of a SX and EX I can test at the moment, but may be a little later today.

PS - Have you tried running TC7.1.3 instead of TC7.0.2?

Wayne
--

Wayne, I am continuing my testing today, and I am unable to reproduce the same problems I had yesterday.  I did not change a thing.  What I'm doing is taking the output from an ultrasound unit, feeding it into the DVI input of an SX20 and making the DVI source the MainVideoSource.

Quality: Motion, Profile: High, Threshold60fps: 1024x576, 1152Kbps, SX20 transmits 60fps

Quality: Motion, Profile: Hight, Threshold60fps: 768x448, 768Kbps, SX20 tranmits 60fps.

This has been frustrating, and I know I was seeing 30fps yesterday.  Ultimately, my problem started because I didn't install the Premium resolution keys on the SX20 and EX60.  Thanks for trying to help.

My call between the SX20 and EX60 continued after my video source went to sleep.  After I woke up the video source, the SX20 transmited 30fps.  I couldn't get it to do 60fps again until I disconnected and reconnected.  Does this tell you anything?

OK, if you're doing it with the DVI Input, you'll need to make all those settings for Input Source 2, not 1 (which is the HDMI).

Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: