Views
Helpful
Replies

8845 Video Phone

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears

I have below question please answer may be they seem to be not good question but please justify me

1. Can i register cisco ip phone 8845 to cisco webex cloud
  2. Also from 8845  can i call to a sip URI for video conferencing with  other system

i though understand it is not a proper device for video conferencing but  need to have this info for customer satisfaction.

Please suggest

4 Replies 4

Hope you are using Webex Calling

https://help.webex.com/en-us/qkwt4j/Supported-Devices-for-Webex-Calling

https://www.webex.com/cloud-calling.html

Supported Devices for Webex Calling

You can use any of these phones for Cisco Webex Calling. For Webex devices in shared mode (added to a Workspace), you register them to the cloud and then add Webex Calling PSTN service to the Workspace.

•  

TypeSupported Models

Analog Telephone Adapters (ATAs)

• ATA191 Multiplatform

• ATA192 Multiplatform

• AudioCodes MediaPack 1288 and 17

ATAs connect non-IP devices, such as analog phones, fax machines, and overhead paging systems, to your network and allow them to act as Webex Calling devices.

Cisco Webex Room, Board, and Desk Devices (Shared Mode only)

The following Room, Desk, and Board devices are fully supported on the Webex platform. They do not require a Webex Calling license unless PSTN calling is required. For PSTN calling, a Webex Calling Workspaces (formerly Places) license should be assigned to the device. PSTN for Personal Mode devices is not supported.

To activate your Room, Desk, or Board device on Cisco Webex, the device must run software version CE8.3.4 or later.

You must use a TRC6 remote control with the SX20. The TRC5 is not supported.

Conference Phones

The following conference phones support Multiplatform Firmware:

• Cisco IP Conference Phone 7832

• Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832

Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 isn't supported.

DECT Phones

Cisco IP DECT 6800 Series with Multiplatform Firmware

• Cisco IP DECT 6825 Handset

• Cisco IP DECT 210 Multi-Cell Base-Station (Singlecell Mode Only)

IP Phones (desk phones)

The following Cisco IP Phones support Webex Calling:

• Cisco IP Phone 6800 Series Multiplatform Phones (Audio phones—6821, 6841, 6851, 6861, 6861 Wi-Fi, 6871, 6871 with color display)

• Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series Multiplatform Phones (Audio phones—7811, 7821, 7841, 7861)

• Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series Multiplatform Phones

• Audio phones—8811, 8841, 8851, 8861

• Video phones—8845, 8865

Your Cisco multiplatform device must run software version 11.0 or later (Cisco Webex Phone OS). To onboard your device using an activation code, firmware 11.2.3MSR1 is required.

To check which phone model and platform you have, press Applications and select Status > Product Information. The Model number field shows your phone model.

Phone Accessories

The following phone accessories support Cisco IP Phones with Multiplatform Firmware:

You can't use enterprise expansion modules with multiplatform devices. The multiplatform key expansion modules have different SKUs and aren't interchangeable. Use the following SKUs when you order an expansion module for a multiplatform phone:

• Cisco IP Phone 6851—CP-68KEM-3PCC=

• Cisco IP Phone 8851, 8861, and 8865—CP-8800-A-KEM-3PC=

• Cisco IP Phone 8851, 8861, and 8865—CP-8800-V-KEM-3PC=

Key expansion modules are used as overflow for Webex Calling and keys cannot be specifically assigned. If an administrator assigns more monitored lines than the phone can handle, the line status overflows to the key expansion module. For more information, see Cisco IP Phone 6800 Series and Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series Multiplatform Phones.

Response Signature

Dear Nithin

NO i m not using webex calling, i will be registering the device as like an telepresence device, so is it will be possible.

Registering 8845  like you do for a TP, I cannot find any supporting document and even the data sheets doesn’t mention about this.

Dx80 can be used. 

Response Signature

thanks for the reply, let me see somebody in local cisco can answer me.