cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Acano/CMS 2.0

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone deployed CMS 2.0 yet? Is it possible to upgrade Acano 1.9 to CMS 2.0? I'm upgrading Acano Server 1.6 to 1.9 anticipation 2.0 so are there any gotcha's I need to be aware of like licensing, etc?

34 Replies 34

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This section assumes that you are upgrading an Acano server or VM from R1.9.x. If you are upgrading from R1.8.x, then Cisco recommends that up you upgrade to 1.9.x first following the instructions in the R1.9 release notes, before following any instructions in these Cisco Meeting Server 2.0 Release Notes.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Release_Notes/Version-2-0/Cisco-Meeting-Server-Release-Notes-2-0-1.pdf

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes I'm upgrading to v1.9. My question is has anyone upgraded to 2.0 yet since it's a very new release? Does 1.9 integrate with TMS once the 15.3 version is released or does the integration come with 2.0?

My understanding was the CMS2.0 was essentially just a re-branding exercise, changing from Acano (and Red colour scheme) to Cisco (and Blue colour scheme), changing it to the Cisco Orderability model and adding CMS scheduling in TMS.

TMS 15.3 will include support for CMS2.0 as a native bridge, I believe the earlier (non CMS versions) still need to appear as unmanaged bridges.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Everyone,

Does CMS can be able to integrate with TMS ?

Thanks

It does but the Conference Control Center functionality isn't compatible with CMS. Last I heard a fix was on the way late Q1 early Q2 2017

Hi,

could you specify, please, who you have heard about fix from ?

Will it be TMS or another product ?

From my Cisco rep and it's my understanding that they will add a new feature in TMS that will support CMS. I'd be interested to know what others with TMS & CMS are doing to monitor live calls.

Thank you for your answer. By the way, Cisco may have decided to crate another product or, for example to upgrade Acano Manager.

As for me, I am just waiting for info from Cisco Account manager.

I certainly hope that Acano Manager isn't the answer. We are using Acano Manager now so I'm thinking that if Acano is their answer then why do we need TMS?

Well, just to discuss:

TMS is the part of Cisco Video Conferencing Infrastructure manipulating Cisco Codecs and so on.., that is why TMS looks like better decision, but still this is up to Cisco Business Unit involved in this task.

I doubt many have upgraded to CMS 2.0 yet, since it's just released, but as Jaime mentions you should be running Acano 1.9 before you upgrade.

As Wayne mentioned, the CMS 2.0 release is a re-branding from Acano to Cisco, as well as providing integration for CUCM, TMS, etc to be more in line with some of the features you'd expect from other Cisco conferencing bridges such as ad hoc escalation and TMS scheduling that you get with the MCU/TelePresence Server.  As far as licensing goes, Acano ACUs can still be used, but Cisco would like everyone in time to be using Multiparty licensing.  You can read more about all of this in the CMS 2.0 release notes though.

TMS 15.3 (yet to be released) provides scheduling support for CMS 2.0, I'm not sure if it will support the earlier version of the Acano server or not, we'll have to wait and see what the TMS release notes say.  Until then, you can add the Acano/CMS into TMS as an unmanaged bridge, and Cisco will forgive the cost of the unmanaged bridge license since it's now their product and not thrid-party.

Hello, Patrick.

I have produced a small Video lab with new CMS 2.0.7 and TMS 15.4

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13191376/cms-acano-and-tms-dont-show-active-conference-ccc

I cannot see active conference in CCC. How do uou think, what is the reason ?

CCC doesn't support CMS, this is covered in the TMS 15.3 Release Notes. I'm not sure when, but a replacement for CCC that will support CMS will be released in the future. 

Hello Patrick, any word on a CCC feature replacement for TMS with CMS integrated? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: