cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Acano/CMS 2.0

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone deployed CMS 2.0 yet? Is it possible to upgrade Acano 1.9 to CMS 2.0? I'm upgrading Acano Server 1.6 to 1.9 anticipation 2.0 so are there any gotcha's I need to be aware of like licensing, etc?

34 Replies 34

No idea.  Should reach out to your Account Manager, they should be able to give you an update on the timeframe.

Are there current issues with scheduling calls in TMS with CMS? The calls are being scheduled however the endpoints are not ringing. CMS version is 2.0 and TMS version 15.3

Endpoints are on CE8.2.2

Yes, thank you.

I am using 15.4 and CMS 2.0.7.

I have found in tms 15.4 Admin Guide, that CCC do not support active conferences.

Moreover, I have the same news from Cisco that, probably, it might create another instrument to control active conferences with CMS (Acano). However, this will be clear only next year.

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

This week I upgraded my X2 server from 1.9 to CMS 2.0.1 and so far have had no issues.

Mostly the upgrade was a branding change including new webpages graphics, call landing pages and voice prompts.

I also managed to integrate the X2 server with TMS 15.3 which is working well.

Just to note, there are several caveats when integrating with TMS 15.3, some features you might expect when scheduling with TMS might not be present when compared to a TMS managed MCU/TelePresence Server, refer to the TMS 15.3 Release Notes to see what is/isn't supported at the moment.

Hi Haydn, how did you add the CMS server is TMS? When I tried to add it in TMS with IP address <IP>:445 (445 is the web admin port), it came back with host not found. I also enabled SNMP under the MMP CLI, but still same.

Would you please advise?

Thanks.

I just used the IP of the Admin interface without the port at the end.

I also used the same admin account used for mmp/web login.

I also see you are using port 445 for the admin interface and not 443 this could cause issues as TMS will try http as well as https.

Screen shot below.

Pinkesh Patel
Level 1
Level 1

We upgraded our production environment on the weekend just gone from R1.6.* to R1.9.2. We were going to upgrade to CMS 2.0.1 but held off due to CMS 2.0.1 being recently released.

We hit a number of issues, currently open with Support so i'd hold off upgrading right now unless absolutely necessary.

Ended up having to rollback the change during business hours on a production system back to R1.6.31 due to an issue with G.729 and Call Manager calls.

Depends on your environment too, are you using VC endpoints mainly, phones, Jabber etc?

I have mostly SX series VC endpoints on our video UCM running 10.5. We are also using S4B and more and more users are joining these video calls using it. What types of issues did you have that caused you to rollback? I have 1.9 on a QA server and not experiencing any issues but is IS a QA serever.

We had issues from Cisco Jabber (via Call Manager 9.1.2). Since we limit the codecs to G.729, there was some limitation in the Acano 1.9.* code which only allowed a number of calls with this codec. After around 65 calls, any further calls would fail from Call Manager.

From the VC codecs, we didn't have any issues.

We don't run S4B so can't comment on what functionality is added there or what issues you will have.

We have a mixture of Jabber clients, DX80's, and SX systems.

We have also enabled the WebRTC and S4B functionality.

I called my SO at Acano to find out if running CMS can the X series be managed by both TMS and Acano Manager. Still waiting for feedback. Acano Manager is due to fall away though as soon as TMS can take up the full functionality.

I have also heard that the Edge components (H323/SIP) of the Acano solution will at some time move over to the Expressway side.

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

1) It's my understanding that CMS2.1 is due out this month so any word on that? Anyone have an option on the stability of CMS in a production environment? 

2) Has anyone enabled Skype for Business scheduling?

3) I've also upgraded my TMS to 15.3 but he only option to add a bridge is still as unmanaged. Any documentation on adding CMS to TMS?

You should contact your Account Manager regarding upcoming software releases, something like that isn't always openly discussed in public forums.  CMS is just a progression of the already released and in production Acano server, so it's stable for production environments.

TMS 15.3 does add support for CMS, but not support for pre-CMS versions under the Acano name.  Refer to the TMS 15.3 Release Notes on how to add CMS, as well as the TMS 15.3 Admin Guide starting on pg 98 for what settings is configurable for it too.

Followed the documentation on adding TMS and it still shows as an unmanged bridge. I deployed this lab server as a VM Acano 1.6 and upgraded it to CMS2.0.6. My prod is a xseries Acano bridge that I intend to upgrade from 1.9.2 to CMS2.0.

Are you trying to add the server to TMS after you upgraded it to CMS2.0 and later or while it was still on the acano release?

Also what address are you using when adding the CMS server to TMS?

Mine is added using the MMP/Web Admin interface IP and not the call bridge IP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: