Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Participant

ADD DX70 REGISTERED ON CUCM TO VCS 15.9.0

I am running CUCM 11.5 and DX70 Android registered on call mgr.

I have VCS 15.9.0 also.

I need to add the DX70s to VCS. 

What settings on CM do I need to get VCS to add the DXs that are registered to call mgr ??

Chet Cronin
801-815-3539(USA)
801-815-3539 (AFG)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Advisor

Re: ADD DX70 REGISTERED ON CUCM TO VCS 15.9.0

As @PJMack said, you will need to convert it from Android to CE first - the Android version can only be registered to a CUCM.

After converting, it's best to chose a single call control platform (either the CUCM, or the VCS) as it's not at all recommended to try to have it registered to both at the same time.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Rising star

You need to convert the OS from Android to CE. There are a few different ways to do it, either through CUCM or using Cisco's cloud upgrading tool. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/dx/dx70-dx80/dx80-dx70-convert-between-ce-and-android-based-software.pdf

https://support.videxio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001622588-Migrate-a-DX-device-to-CE-software-with-the-Cloud-Upgrader-tool

Once you have it on CE you configure the device to register to VCS, that will be on the device interface itself. You don't configure CUCM to tell the device you register to VCS - look at the admin guide for your device and whatever SW version you land on - in CUCM I would just delete the phone entry afterwards. 

VIP Advisor

As @PJMack said, you will need to convert it from Android to CE first - the Android version can only be registered to a CUCM.

After converting, it's best to chose a single call control platform (either the CUCM, or the VCS) as it's not at all recommended to try to have it registered to both at the same time.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards