cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

add users to VCS control

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a VCS control running 7.2 code. When I go to Maintance, Login Accounts, User Accounts and try and add a user I get the following message "Cannot read from the user account database"  I have upgraded code , reset to factory and I still have this issue. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thks , Mike

5 Replies 5

Adam Wamsley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Mike,

Does this happen to be a vcs starterpack? Do you have any other errors or alarms showing up? Can you provide a screenshot of the error and any alarms? Sounds like it may be an issue with the clusterdb or opends database. Have you seen any application errors?

What command did you issue to factory reset? Did you just do a "xCommand DefaultValuesSet Level:3" or a "factory-reset" by root.

May be worthwhile to execute the "tmsagent_destroy_and_purge_data" command to cleanup the opends database and ensure this is not causing the problem. (since you have done a factory reset I assume this wouldn't be an issue).

Adam

Adam, I will get you a screen shot. It is not a startee pak.. I did the Factory reset as well as the lmssagent command.

Let me get the screem shots so you see. I am new to this so I am trying.

I will also get the alarms.

Thank You

mike

Hey Mike,

Not sure where you stand on this, but try removing the clusterdb transition file.

remove clusterdb-transition file

rm -rf /mnt/harddisk/persistent/clusterdb/clusterdb-transition

Adam

Adam thank you.. I did try what you suggested and still no go. I rebooted after your commands and still same.

"Saved:Cannot read the users accounts database.

I appreciate help..

Mike

Hey Mike,

At this point probably best to get a TAC case opened and pull the full VCS snapshot so the engineer can analyze it to find the root cause. The fact that a factory-reset did not resolve the issue is strange since this essentially re-images the VCS. The only other command that I can think would possible resolve it at this point is:

clusterdb_destroy_and_purge_data.sh 

But I think a TAC case is best to dig down deeper.

Adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: