cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a TX9000 and TX1300 to CUCM

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

When following the Installation guide for the TX9000 and trying to add the system to CUCM the TX system is not listed in the drop down list of devices.

I have uploaded the COP file for the system to CUCM but the TX9000 or 1300 is not listed in the dropdown list when adding a new device.

Could someone point me in the right direction.

TX9000 Version: 1.9.0

CUCM Version: 8.6.2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

THOMAS KRUEGER
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you have not (only) to upload the Endpoint firmware (which you have done via COP file upload) but you have to install the latest devicepack for your CUCM first.

(e.g. "Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.6(2.22038) Device Package" - Compatible UCM Version: 8.6)

this prepares CUCM webUI and uploads some cop files for different Endpoints (new Endpoints like TX and updated files for existing devices).

Have in mind:

-  installing Dev Package changes all Device default firmware automatically, so you maybe have to clean these settings up.

- You must install the dev pack on each node of your CUCM Cluster

After installing the dev Package you will find the new TX Endpoints listed.

Once you have them listed you are free to install COP files newer than these comming with the device pack.

good Luck

Thomas

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

THOMAS KRUEGER
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you have not (only) to upload the Endpoint firmware (which you have done via COP file upload) but you have to install the latest devicepack for your CUCM first.

(e.g. "Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.6(2.22038) Device Package" - Compatible UCM Version: 8.6)

this prepares CUCM webUI and uploads some cop files for different Endpoints (new Endpoints like TX and updated files for existing devices).

Have in mind:

-  installing Dev Package changes all Device default firmware automatically, so you maybe have to clean these settings up.

- You must install the dev pack on each node of your CUCM Cluster

After installing the dev Package you will find the new TX Endpoints listed.

Once you have them listed you are free to install COP files newer than these comming with the device pack.

good Luck

Thomas

------->Also to add, once the device pack is updated in the cucm, a cluster wide reboot is must so you can see the TX9000 and Tx1310 to appear in the drop down to add...

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for the help guys.

I uploaded the latest device pack and now the TX9000 and TX9200 now show in the device list.

However the TX1300 and TX1310 are still not listed.

ProductPhone type in CUCM
TX 1300-47 (new product / 47" Screen / same codec as TX9x00Cisco TelePresence 1300-47
CTS 1300-65  (not so new product / 65" Screen / same codec as CTS500-37, CTS3xxx)Cisco TelePresence 1300-65
TX 1310-65 (new product / 65" Screen / same codec as TX9x00Cisco TelePresence 1310-65

Have you already found 

Cisco TelePresence System TX1310 65 Assembly, First-Time Setup, and Field Replaceable Unit Guide ?

Thanks

I have tried using the CTS 1310 devices profile but my TX1310 systems keeps saying CUCM is inaccessible.

- Correct MAC address in CUCM?

- Correct Phone type? TX 1300-47 or TX 1310-65?

- correct dhcp, tftp settings / correct static IP settings?

- firewall blocking traffic?

If you have access to TX1310-65 webUI clearing the IP settings or as a next step "factory reset" can solve the issue.

Good Luck

Thomas

PS: updated my previously post

Ok i got them both registered.

But now I have a bandwidth issue when dialling from our TX units to other systems registered to our VCS Control.

No matter what I do the TX will only put out 360P @ 320kbps when calling into and from the TX system and systems registered to the VCS.

I have no limitation on my CUCM location/region or on the VCS control.

Haydn

--What model of Cisco tandberg devices registered with VCS?

--What is the firmware version VCS and endpoints are running?

VCS Registered: (VCS 7.1)

C40 - Software TC5.1

C60 - Software TC5.1

TelePresence Server (8710 Balde) - Software 2.2

CUCM Registered - (8.6.2.20000-2)

TX1310

TX9000

Looking at the below link i should get 720p

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/interop/endpoint_interop.html

>Calls between CTS endpoints would work either in 720p or in 1080p

>With 1.9 CTS software release, while interop ,CTS have the capability to downgrade below 720p based on the endpoint devices video codec capabilty negotiation with CTS.

-->Check in cucm the device pool for the trunk connecting to CUCM is specified for max bandwidth for video.

-->Since bandwidth  restrictions can also be applied for zones in VCS, i would recommend you to check the bandwidth settings between CUCM and VCS zones you have configured in VCS and make sure it is configured for unlimited.

I have had a look on both the VCS and CUCM and i have no limits set.

Calls still only connect at 360p @ 320Kbps

"... Ok i got them both registered. ..."

Fine, how did you solve the registering issue?

@ Thomas

Uploading the latest CUCM device pack solved that issue.

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Another issue I am having.

When calling from our TX9000 system into our TelePresence server registered to our VCS Control the TX9000 only calls in as a single screen endpoint.

I can’t get the system to call in as a 3 screen endpoint.

Any ideas on this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: