cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding CMS SMP licenses

simon1964
Level 1
Level 1

We recently received new SMP licenses. I try to use WinSCP to upload .lic file to CMS. I connect CMS by using MMP admin account. But when I try to load a .lic file I am getting permission denied error. I can see existing .lic file that uploaded previously but I cannot upload additional file. My expert said admin account has only read permission on root directory. I have three CMSs are clustered. Do I need to unclustering before I upload .lic file?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The name should be cms.lic.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

simon1964
Level 1
Level 1

I just saw an YouTube that I need to change file name to cms.lic before I upload. I have cms.lic file already uploaded to CMS. If I upload another cms.lic file, will it replace the existing cms.lic file? Can I use file name other than cms.lic, like cms1.lic file? 

The name should be cms.lic.

Response Signature

I believe you are using the file name as  cms.lic.  Move  the old license to your machine and try adding  the new one . if you don't have a proper admin account, you can follow the steps mentioned in the document to create a new one. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Reference_Guides/Version-2-7/Cisco-Meeting-Server-MMP-Command-Reference-2-7.pdf

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 10.02.16 AM.png

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: