Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Tandberg Profile 52 Device to TMS

Thivakaran V
Level 1
Level 1

Friends,

i have a challenge in adding Tandberg Profile 52 dual to TMS and getting the Error "object reference not set to an instance of an object".

TMS is running on 13.X

Profiel is on Tc3.1.1

but we have the Same Combination of Devices added in TMS already.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have seen this stack trace once before, and that was when trying to add a system that had been pre-registered, and then deleted (not purged). Could you have a look and see if someone has tried to pre-register it to TMS?

And as Mahesh says: As soon as you have migrated to TMSPE, consider upgrading to TMS 14.1.1, where we have improved error handling when adding systems.

Regards,

Kjetil

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Thivakaran, Let us know the exact TMS software version installed in your environment. Can you also perform backup of the TMS SQL database [TMSNG folder] and try upgrading TMS version 14.1.1 from

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283613664&softwareid=280886992&release=14.1.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Upgrading to latest TMS version will also help to perform upgrade of the database to fix if there is any unknown problems.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

Thanks Mahesh:

We are Using TMS 13.2.2 and performing upgrade to 14.X have dependency on the Provisioning Agent, as we are using legecy mode.

However, My concern is that we have similar systems operating with same version is already added in TMS.

Hi Thivakaran, The problem could also be that the Microsoft URLScan utility is running on the TMS server OS and blocking the requests.

If Microsoft URLScan is installed you will see in Windows Add/Remove programs. Can you uninstall and try re-adding the profile device in TMS.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

No MS URL Scan uttility is not running on our system.

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What is the full stack trace (if any) in the log-web file?

-Kjetil

the below is the Complete error message form the Log file.

"20:32:42,413 [39] ERROR ASP.tandberg_tms_ui_systemnavigator_folderpage_addsystem_ascx -

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Tandberg.TMS.UI.SystemNavigator.FolderPage_AddSystem.AddSystem(String systemIPAddress, String systemIdFromList, String isdnLoc, String ipLoc, String timeLoc, Int64 folderId, IFolderService systemFolderService, Boolean addOnlySupportedSystems, Boolean addNonSNMPSystems, String snmpCommunityNames)"

I have seen this stack trace once before, and that was when trying to add a system that had been pre-registered, and then deleted (not purged). Could you have a look and see if someone has tried to pre-register it to TMS?

And as Mahesh says: As soon as you have migrated to TMSPE, consider upgrading to TMS 14.1.1, where we have improved error handling when adding systems.

Regards,

Kjetil

Excellent, the system was listed in the pre-register. Now i have purged and could able to add successfully.

Thanks Kjetil and Mahesh for hte Help

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For future reference: I captured the problem as defect CSCug26342. The issue has been resolved in TMS 14.1.

-Kjetil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: