Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Additional virtual Telepresence Server in PMP CUWL PRO deployment

Hello folks,

I have a question regarding the number of vTS that we are allowed to deploy in a Personal Multiparty environment.

In fact when ordering with the old Basic PMP model, we are given 3 x LIC-VTS-PMP-K9 and 3 x LIC-AES-VTS-PMP-K9 among with the Screen Licenses, so this means I can deploy and activate up to 3 vTS.

When we ordered for a new customer the new PMP model, we were only given 1 x LIC-VTS-PMP-K9 and 1 x LIC-AES-VTS-PMP-K9. Our customer is willing to deploy 2 vTS (for redundancy reasons). But the PAK that we have permits only the activation of a single vTS!

Is there a way to add a second vTS through new PMP model as we were allowed in PMP Basic ? In fact we tried to order an additional vTS through PUT. But we can't find any SKU related to vTS in PUT.

Am I allowed to deploy a second vTS in PMP or not ? Shall we contact licensing team to provide us with an additional vTS activation key ?

Thank you for your inputs.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If it's possible, you're probably going to have to place an order with your partner, suggest you contact your Account Manager and they should be able to help figure out the exact process.  It's not going to be available via PUT, because the VTS requires licensing and a support contract.

View solution in original post

I don't know the specifics, but from what I've heard (though I can't find it documented anywhere), one should be able to have as many TelePresence Servers as they need when using PMP/SMP licensing.

I'd reach out to Cisco to confirm, but it could be R-VTS-K9.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If it's possible, you're probably going to have to place an order with your partner, suggest you contact your Account Manager and they should be able to help figure out the exact process.  It's not going to be available via PUT, because the VTS requires licensing and a support contract.

Thank you for your input.

In fact we are a Cisco partner and we are also installing the solution to our customer.

Do you know which Part Number should we order ? I think it should be 0$ otherwise it's not a big deal since the overall licensing is under CUWL Pro and PMP is offered with it.

The other thing is : why old PMP Basic model offered 3 vTS while new PMP model offers only 1 vTS ? Strange!

I don't know the specifics, but from what I've heard (though I can't find it documented anywhere), one should be able to have as many TelePresence Servers as they need when using PMP/SMP licensing.

I'd reach out to Cisco to confirm, but it could be R-VTS-K9.

Yes! That's what I needed. Thank you Patrick!

I will order an additional VTS without Screen Licenses of course since the license count in the new PMP model is done on Conductor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: