Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adhoc Video Conferences in Webex devices registered to CUCM

Has anyone registered Webex Kit / Kit Plus to CUCM and conducted Adhoc video conferences between them ? Without using Webex Meeting Service ? 

Our Customer wants to register newly purchased few Webex kit / kit plus devices to existing CUCM (ver 12) and needs to have convenient dialing between devices (1:1 video calls), and add 2/3 video devices into the video conference with Touch Pad if it's required. Is this doable with CUCM ? Please assume Webex devices are not installed with Miltisite licenses. 

We have registered few SX80 deivces to CUCM 11.5 for another organization, and configured expressway to join Webex meetings. As I can remember, during a 1:1 video call, If I added another video endpoint (DX80) using touch 10 (+), whole conference becomes audio only one. Cannot test this now since, there's no more access to the site.  

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes CMS is a great solution and you can deploy it in hybrid mode with WebEx. Here is a link to the documentation. I was not aware you wanted any telepresence conference servers would have suggested it

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/PA/overview/12x/hybpa12x.html

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will need multisite license for this It is the license that enables any device to act as a MCU to provide the composite image to all the other participating devices, whether they are dialed out to, or dial in to it. You need at least one of the devices to have a multisite license

Thank you very much for the reply. 

Did a search on available options and seems installing and configuring a CMS node on prem, and adding it as a conference resource to CUCM will allow Video Devices to have quick AdHoc video conferences. Since the customer is planning to increase the video conferencing units in future, this will provide us more flexibility and options, I suppose. 

Is there a way to keep local adhoc meetings use onprem CMS server and still get the benefit of Webex cloud Meeting Scheduling (hydrid Services like) way ? I read somewhere that CMS server supports hybrid service deployment with Webex.

Yes CMS is a great solution and you can deploy it in hybrid mode with WebEx. Here is a link to the documentation. I was not aware you wanted any telepresence conference servers would have suggested it

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/PA/overview/12x/hybpa12x.html

Thanks will check this. 

Initially we thought of registering all webex Devices to Webex cloud. But due to Customers requirement to facilitate onprem Calling, limited internet bandwidth and CUCM directory number dialing features, now we are looking into onprem CMS. 

It'll be great if we can still schedule meetings with Webex and Devices can join to Scheduled meetings via onprem CMS (like Webex Mesh Nodes does conferencing locally), rather than using TMS. Anyway to do so? 

For scheduling you will need TMS/TMSXE and you can get the required licenses with your CMS bundle..read here for more

https://community.cisco.com/t5/telepresence-and-video/cms-conference-scheduling/td-p/3726221

Thank you for the replies ! That's what we are going to try. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: