Views
Helpful
Replies

Adjust ISDN messages on Cisco AS53XX/AS54XX

kobyb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

While using Cisco AS53XX/AS54XX (or any other similar GW), I need assistance to adjust/alter the ISDN messages back to the switch in case the internet connection to the GW is going down.

The GW is connected with E1 ISDN PRI circuits to a Nortel International switch. The flow of the traffic is from the Nortel switch to the GW to complete the calls through a VOIP dial-peer to a termination carrier. In such case when the Internet connection to the GW is down, the ISDN messages back to the switch are "timer expiry" messages which do not allow to the switch to keep hunting the calls to the second route. Instead the calls are dropped and the caller hears Fast-Busy.

Is there a way to adjust/change such messages, from the GW to the ISDN switch, to a "congestion" type messages which will allow the switch to complete the calls to second route?

Any help on that will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Koby

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

sorry for that. i mistakenly posted on Video over IP first, so i posted again in IP Telephony. Hope someone can assist here.

sorry for that. i mistakenly posted on Video over IP first,

As the thread owner, you can delete the other threat.

You totally nailed this one!!

Thanks a lot!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: