Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alpha URI dialling capable endpoints - CUCM Corporate Directory

Hi,

I have asked this question on the partner UC readiness page, but no answer as of yet....

I have just upgraded our CUCM to 9.0 and have all internal DNs associated to directory URIs as per my LDAP sync.

I have a VCS integrated via a SIP trunk and multiple VC endpoints registered to the VCS.

If i register an EX60 to CUCM, we can push a phone book to the endpoint and it can dial a CUCM directory URI and an OFF-Net URI of a devices registered to the VCS via the SIP route pattern.

My issue is with the 99XX series URI dialling capable device and the corporate directory.

the 9971 can dial an Alpha URI ON-Net (with the blended association) or Off-Net but only using a speed dial or manually typing in the string.

I want to be able to populate the traditional CUCM corporate directory with URIs to dial that are Off-Net to make this scalable (which speed dials are obviously not).

I have attemtped to add a local user to the CUCM (with a dummy number, first name, last name, and URI), but no URI displays in the corporate directory.  I have tried something similar with AD and sync'd across but with no sucess.

is this possible?  has anyone got this working in the corporate directory?

thanks

Stuart

3 Replies 3

I have done the same on our CUCM and so far it working, URIs appear in the corporate directory. I juste created end users and, for each end user, entered a SIP URI in the "Directory URI" field.

When using the corporate directory from an endpoint, end users with their SIP URI are displayed and they can be called.

J Forrest
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Stuart,

I have the same requirement, did you ever get this going?

Cheers,

James

James,

can you give an example? makes it a bit easier to explain.

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: