cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any specific configuration for dual stream to work?

startryst
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Experts

Calling from xxx@jabber.com to the MCU, the dual stream works, and calling from xxx@mydomain.com to the MCU, audio/video are all worked fine, but the dual stream not working, any specific reason for this?

5 Replies 5

crisalex
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you please develop a bit on this scenario ?

I assume the xxx@jabber.com it's  jabber client but what device is  "xxx@mydomain,com" ?

Cristian

Hi, Cristian

The scenario is like below:

Company A has an 8510 and 8710 MCU, which created an meeting like xxxxxxxx@a.com.

Company B has a few remote Movi users, which are registered by Internet to VCS Expressway, their Movi account are user1@b.com, user2@b.com.

When user1@b.com and user2@b.com dialed the xxxxxxxx@a.com, the multipoint audio/video is fine, but when user1@b.com share his desktop by Movi, the user2@b.com couldn't see the dual stream.

But when user1@b.com dial user2@b.com, they can share desktop each other by dual stream without problem.

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi.

Make sure you have call encryption turned of whilst on a MCU call.

Form the MCU documentation: ( http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/mcu/release_note/Cisco_TelePresence_MCU_Software_Release_Notes_4-3_2-30.pdf )

Binary Floor Control Protocol on encrypted calls
The transmission of SIP content from the MCU using Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP) is not supported on encrypted calls. To allow content to be transmitted over SIP calls in a separate channel from main video, you should disable encryption on the MCU or on the target endpoint

//Marius

Hi, Marius

Thanks for your advice, it helped, but still something weird in the below:

Company B: Hosting the MCU, with meeting ID public accessible, like xxxxxxxx@b.com

Company A: A few movi calling to Company B's MCU from Internet by Company A's VCS Expressway.

Actually, the MCU(Company B) is out of my coverage, so I'm thinking how to disable the encryption from the Movi Side(Company A) when they calling the MCU, so I tried to set the "Media encryption mode" to "Force unencrypted" in Company A's VCS Expressway, as all Movi are calling from Internet.

I guess the call to MCU will be unencrypted, but the left corner of the video window still shown an small "lock" which indicate the call is encrypted, but when sharing desktop by certain Movi, the dual stream works....

So that's weird....

So regarding disabling the media encryption from Company A(instead of Company B), what's the correct configuration on that?

Hi, Marius

I did test again this morning, and pls treat the below one as the latest findings instead of the my earlier message:

Company B: Hosting the MCU, with meeting ID public accessible, like xxxxxxxx@b.com

Company A: A few movi calling to Company B's MCU from Internet by Company A's VCS Expressway.

The media encryption can be controlled by setting the DefaultSubZone and DNSZone in Company A's VCS Expressway, once set to "Forced unencrypted", the call from Company A's movi to Company B's MCU from internet will be "unlocked" or unencrypted.

But I found the interesting things is as below:

1. Movi of Company A calling from Internet to Company B's MCU, the ICE worked, and a few TURN relay turned up, dual stream worked for both encrypted or unencrypted calls.

2. Movi of Company A at Company B's intranet, calling Company B's MCU, the ICE worked, and a few TURN relay turned up, dual steam didn't work for both encrypted and unencrypted calls.