cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any way to get rid of the "Call not encrypted" message on SX10?

We are getting complaints that SX10s are displaying a "Call not encrypted" message when a call is established.  There is an option in the GUI of the SX10s under User Interface > OSD for 'EncryptionIndicator', but turning this on/off doesn't seem to do anything.

As we run encryption at the network layer, we don't want this message appearing.  Is there any other way to turn off the message?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Fix for this will come in TC7.3.6.It was marked as open on TC7.3.x CE8 has not been mentioned but the issue is there as well. It is resolved in TC7.3.6 and CE8.1.0.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

I should add that I'm running software TC 7.3.1 and registering to VCS.

Hi Nick

System Configuration > VideoOSD>EncriptionIndicator> Always OFF

This setting helps me remove icon for call from my SX20(VCS) to CUCM.

I use TC7.2.1

br Oleksandr

"Video OSD EncriptionIndicator" was replaced with "User Interface OSD EncryptionIndicator" according to the SX10 admin guide.  If the User Interface OSD configuration isn't working,  you could try Video OSD as its still present in the web interface of the SX10, if that doesn't work it might be a bug.  I'll try to check my SX10, but might be later this week, depends on when I'm in that part of the building.

UPDATE:  Looks to be a bug, neither command noted above made the encryption notification not appear on the screen when a call is connected.

Thanks Patrick, I did try that also but had the same results...

Has anyone tried this with an MX300 G2?  the same options are on the unit, but I don't have one locally to try so not sure if this affects them also...

All - after logging with the TAC, this has been identified as a bug, CSCut47838

Do you know if this bug has been fixed? I am still getting mine.

Still listed as  "open" with versions affected being TC7.2 and TC7.3, however, CE8 has been out for a while for the SX series and it is not listed in neither resolved nor open caveats for this version.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi,

It will be fixed in CE 8.1 as per current details.

Thanks,

Vivek

Hi Vivek,

Will it be fixed for TC software too?  We use Multiway (for MX300 G2 etc) so can't upgrade to CE at the moment, but I got this logged almost a year ago so I'm hoping the fix will make it to the TC code train....

Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that one since TC software is in maintenance mode now - and TC7.3.5 which was released only a short while ago, contains one bug fix only; CSCux85199 - which is the SX20 mic issue when downgrading from CE8. :(

/jens

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately it doesn't mention related to TC software version.

Thanks,

Vivek

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Fix for this will come in TC7.3.6.It was marked as open on TC7.3.x CE8 has not been mentioned but the issue is there as well. It is resolved in TC7.3.6 and CE8.1.0.

/Magnus

Great news, thanks Magnus

Yuen
Level 1
Level 1

version:ce9

step1:find userinterface menu

step2:find encryptionindicator 

step3:choose alwaysoff

then it can hide call not encryption prompt