Views
Helpful
Replies

AppleTV control from CE Code question

Karl Nurmi
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

I was not able to import the .xml file for the In room Control feature, it fails ony me CE 9.7.x devices.  I made my own version of that control feature that looks just like the picture.  I was able to name all the buttons except I was missing on thing.  The last function is to sign in and uses the WidgetId 'appletv_signin' .  Which button is 'appletv_signin' assigned to ?

else if(event.WidgetId == 'appletv_signin'){
if(event.Type == 'clicked'){

sendCECSequence.apply(this, signinsequence);

https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/roomdevices-macros-samples/tree/master/AppleTV%20Control

Regards,

Karl

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The signin sequence defined in the JS is not assigned to any of the buttons that are presented by the XML.

If you needed a signin button, you would have to create a new one.  You may also need to customise the signin sequence string in the JS to work with the precise button sequence that you need it to for your particular login circumstances (if you even need to sign in to your ATV device at all).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: