Views
Helpful
Replies

ASP event log error 1309

ken.tucker
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have TMS 14.1.1. My event log is full of events like the following. I don't know if it is ultimately causing issues but it sure is clogging up the event log.

Is this normal for anyone else? Thanks!

Event code: 3005

Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.

Event time: 4/9/2013 3:12:57 PM

Event time (UTC): 4/9/2013 8:12:57 PM

Event ID: 7969e25f393743ca852a86585cc78218

Event sequence: 4533

Event occurrence: 1492

Event detail code: 0

Application information:

Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT-1-130099664007404484

Trust level: Full

Application Virtual Path: /

Application Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\

Machine name: TMS

Process information:

Process ID: 4460

Process name: w3wp.exe

Account name: IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool

Exception information:

Exception type: HttpException

Exception message: A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:).

at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateInputIfRequiredByConfig()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.PipelineStepManager.ValidateHelper(HttpContext context)

Request information:

Request URL: http://tms.domain.com/http:/tms.domain.com/tms/public/external/phonebook/phonebookservice.asmx

Request path: /http:/tms.domain.com/tms/public/external/phonebook/phonebookservice.asmx

User host address: 187.102.162.xxx

User: 

Is authenticated: False

Authentication Type: 

Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool

Thread information:

Thread ID: 10

Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool

Is impersonating: False

Stack trace:    at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateInputIfRequiredByConfig()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.PipelineStepManager.ValidateHelper(HttpContext context)

Custom event details:

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ken.tucker
Level 1
Level 1

Found out this error was due to an incorrect URL set on the endpoint. The URL for provisioning was set to the phone book URL!

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Ken, Let us know the windows operating system and servicepack details that host the TMS application. Also let us know the IIS version used.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

Mahesh,

It is Windows 2008 R2 64 bit with SP1 and all patches. IIS7.

I recently upgraded from 13.x to 14.1.1.  I don't know if these errors occured in v13 or not, unfortunately.

Thanks!

Ken

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Ken, After the upgrade to 14.1.1 was there any additional changes/configuration enabled on TMS. Is there TMSPE enabled for provisioning with VCS-Control ?

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

The only change made post-upgrade was setting "Route Phone Book Entries" to no. This was due to phonebook entries not being sent to endpoints behind a firewall (issue exists in v13 and v14 for me). Cisco TAC is still working up the problem in their lab (as I shouldn't have had to change this).

TMSPE was installed/enabled in v13 (used for Jabber Video) and still is.

Thanks!

Ken

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If this started to happen after you upgraded to TMS 14.1.1. The errors might be related to a bug in the tmssnmpservice. It crashes quite ofte . You can check this in the event logs of windows. Its related to .NET.

It should be fixed in the upcoming tms version. There are other threads in this forum discussing the same topic with error details that you can compare.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I definitely have the snmp service issue too, but since the event log seems to point to the phone book URL, it looked different to me. I'm not having any obvious problems now though so maybe it's not a big deal. Will see if 14.1.2/14.2 fix it.

Thanks!

Ken

Hi Ken, thank you for sharing the update. Since there is already TAC SR opened you may want to wait for their findings.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

The TAC case was for another issue, I was just suggesting maybe it's related. I haven't mentioned this event log issue to the engineer.

Guess I'll see if 14.2/14.1.2 fixes it. 

Thanks, all.

Ken

Hi Ken, IMHO, it's worth mentioning this problem to the existing TAC SR engineer to further analyze this problem.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

ken.tucker
Level 1
Level 1

Found out this error was due to an incorrect URL set on the endpoint. The URL for provisioning was set to the phone book URL!

Hi Ken,

FYI. TMS 14.2 was released last week. Please refer to the below mentioned software download, release notes URL’s

• Cisco TelePresence Management Suite 14.2

Software location: http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?i=!y&mdfid=283613664&softwareid=280886992&release=14.2&os=

Release notes: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/release_note/Cisco_TMS_Release_Note_14-2.pdf

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

Sumeet Rakesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can select the endpoint and do Enforce Managment settings and this should set the correct URL's on the endpoint.

Also, regarding the upgrade to 14.2 I would request you to wait for some more time due to some ongoing issues during the upgrade process.

Regards

Sumeet Rakesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: