cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attempting 720p call between two Edge 95 MXP

Daniel Hoffman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am attempting to establish a 720p call at 30 fps between these two endpoints that connect to the same LAN switch, but they negotiate w448p and 768k for every call. They both register to the same VCS across the Internet. For each endpoint the Video Quality is set to Motion and the Motion Quality/Nateral Video Threshold is set to Auto. All other call quality and  video settings are set to the default, too, except for Dynamic Resolution, which is set to Auto. How can I attain call negotiation of 720p between the devices? The subject of the video will demonstrate movements, so motion quality is important.

Thanks for any suggestions for this rookie!

Dan

2 Replies 2

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

At least the 1700/3000mxp (which are quite similar) I used 720p with out any problems but you shoud have

at least 1.5mbit on the call. Did you check the bandwidth capabilities and configuration on the endpoint?

Also set up the call with 1.5mbit and check that the vcs does not limit the bandwidth.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Make sure default call setting is set to either 1920kbps or "Max" - also ensure if connection is initiated using the directory, that call speed for this entry has also been set to either 1920kbps or "Max" and not "Auto".

If it's set to "Auto" then it will only connect at 768kbps regardless of what the default call setting is set to.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.