Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio delay warning is poping up

Hi Mates,

My one of the clinet is getting warning messages which related to audio delay as mentioned in picture. The codec that we installed there in site is SX20.

Can anyone please tell me how to resolve erase this warning message.

Regards

Chandra Prakash

1.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Chandra,

What device is being used to play out the audio from the Cisco codec? Is it the TV itself? Sometimes there can be issues with the TV performing post-processing on the signal, delaying the output a bit. This can sometimes be fixed by changing the TV mode to "gaming" to bring down the latency.

This is just based on my personal experiences though.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Chandra,

What device is being used to play out the audio from the Cisco codec? Is it the TV itself? Sometimes there can be issues with the TV performing post-processing on the signal, delaying the output a bit. This can sometimes be fixed by changing the TV mode to "gaming" to bring down the latency.

This is just based on my personal experiences though.

I am experiencing similar issue but our system is connected to Crestron A/V control system ... 
Any Ideas would be appreciated. 

In general, you only need to worry about the "Warning" message if it is causing you issues.

As to how to fix It would depend greatly on what the Crestron system is doing - is it processing all the audio, if so, can the audio path through the Crestron be altered to reduce the processing and delay on the audio?   Is the Crestron handling the echo control?  If so, you may be able to turn the echo control off on the codec.  It's very hard to say without knowing what the equipment you have connected to the codec is, or what it is programmed to do.  Perhaps a better approach would be to speak with your AV Integrator who set up and supports your Crestron equipment to see what they can do to assist as they would know in more detail how their setup works.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Sorry for the long Delay Wayne.  

Thank you it helps and will check on the Biamp and see how it's configured.