Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio in Quad Cam Speakers

steven.gauthier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I can't seem to find the right setting to have audio through the quad cam speakers. I have a codec plus, HDMI input 1 is used for the camera, and from what I read, audio in supposed to go to the camera through that same HDMI connection, Is there a setting I am missing to make this work?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Some things to check
Check your hdmi cables are good and the right ones from Cisco and are connected correctly to codec plus and from codec to camera
Make sure the distances from codec to camera arent in several meters
Place an inbound call and check speaker is working on inbound call and content
Sometimes swap the ends around
Check volume on touch panel/device - I’m sure you have done that.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

steven.gauthier
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like it's not stable. I went back to the room, and now it's working... Anybody had that kind of issue?

No, Never faced such issues. 

Response Signature

I had that problem. I had the quad camera set to shutdown with the monitors after the customer was finished using the system, and sometimes when it restarted it received the audio signal, and sometimes it did not. I disassociated the camera from the automated power shut down and left it "always on" and I never had the problem again.

This is a setting in the codec?
Where can I find it?
Thanks

No, not a setting in the codec. It was being shutdown automatically by my system's controller. I moved the power supply to a different outlet not associated with the system's controller.

You're not missing anything. It's better to use an audio cable fore the sound to the camera, not the HDMI.

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Some things to check
Check your hdmi cables are good and the right ones from Cisco and are connected correctly to codec plus and from codec to camera
Make sure the distances from codec to camera arent in several meters
Place an inbound call and check speaker is working on inbound call and content
Sometimes swap the ends around
Check volume on touch panel/device - I’m sure you have done that.

Response Signature

Ok will do,

The cable is maybe 20-25 feet, but I never lost the image

THanks

Nazim.Khan
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is way late, but I wanted to put the correct info out there because the info looks limited so far.

For the Cisco Quad Camera Speakers to work a few things need to happen:

• The Quad Camera HDMI output 1 needs to connect to the codec's HDMI input 1.
  • In the web settings of the codec the following settings need to be enabled:
    • HDMI Input 1 needs to have CEC enabled.
    • ARC audio needs to be enabled on HDMI input 1.
    • Under audio output settings, the Internal Speaker Mode needs to be enabled.
  •  Restart the codec after making changes and connections.
  • Ensure that the HDMI cables used support ARC audio. Not all HDMI cables do, and this can cause the speakers to not work.
  • If all settings are correct in the web interface of the codec, ensure that the output of the Quad Camera is correctly plugged into HDMI input 1 of the codec. This has happened a few times where the installer accidentally swapped them and swore, they were correct.

If you follow the above the Quad Camera audio will function. Feel free to disagree or not follow this as I just wanted to put the info, I discovered out there.

Hi Nazim, Thank you for the information. I would also add that if all else fails you can go with a direct audio cable as suggested in this solution.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/telepresence-and-video-infrastructure/codec-pro-audio-out-to-quad-camera-audio-in/m-p/4585576#M104246

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: