cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Answer will NOT stay on after power cycle or reset - C20 TC7.3.0 UCM 10.5SU1 registration

Ryan Rice
Level 4
Level 4

As the title suggests, I've got 2 C20 codecs running the latest 7.3.0 code I can download registered to UCM 10.5.1 SU1.  Power cycling or resetting them causes the auto-answer to default to off.  There is still no way to change auto-answer from within UCM, and TMS cannot manage the device anymore.

I've found a couple of instances of this with older TC and UCM code, but it seems this issue continues today.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Ryan -

I'm on my phone so I can't look at the documentation for TelePresence endpoints on CUCM 10.5, but this discussion might help. 

cucm-registered-endpoints-switch-auto-answer-automatically

Saw that and it ended up being the right direction, but since I was on a different version I wasn't able to use that device pack.

So, I found out the following from TAC:

Auto-Answer became a configurable field presented to UCM in TC7.2.x, but the appropriate management fields on the web pages didn't become available until later in the device pack. I read through a couple of device pack readme's and I didn't see anything related, but sure enough installing 10.5.1.11005-2 presented the fields and that works fine now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: