Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic software downloads in TMS

Wintershall
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I couldn't find the answer so i'm just gonna ask if one of you guys will no this one.

We've got a TMS (14.2.0) with a mixture of systems registered to it.

For these clients we're receiving warning tickets that new software is available.

Unfortunately the message also state that we now need to go to the cisco product support downloads, get the software from there, upload it to the correct folder and find it via the TMS.

Why????

It used to download on its own without any problems at all!!

Because our service contract is not directly assigned to us we can not download the updates manually.

I would like to know why this has changed and when it did. Also if one of you has a work-around for it (a ftp site that IS available for this kind of software then please tell me.

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What types of endpoints are you expecting TMS to download software for?

If it's any endpoint that runs TC Software (ie: C/SX/MX/EX) than TMS will not automatically download the software for you due to changes in entitlement starting with TC6.1 and later.  See section 3 of the following document.

79217-New%20download%20procedure%20TP%20Endpts%20FINAL.pdf

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What types of endpoints are you expecting TMS to download software for?

If it's any endpoint that runs TC Software (ie: C/SX/MX/EX) than TMS will not automatically download the software for you due to changes in entitlement starting with TC6.1 and later.  See section 3 of the following document.

79217-New%20download%20procedure%20TP%20Endpts%20FINAL.pdf

Hi Patrick,

That's one i missed :(

Our service contracts are registered at our supplier which means i can not download the updates myself because i don't have their login offcourse.

Too bad Cisco stopped this because it was very usefull.

I've contacted our supplier manytimes with this issue but never got an answer.

Now i've got one :D

I guess i'll have to talk to them again and again until they give me the information i want.

I want to move on with updating our systems (which is are mxp/ex/sx mixed)

Thanks again for pointing out this document. I couldn't find this information myself so thank you!

Not a problem, it's something a lot of people missed.

Remember to mark relevant replies as the correct answer so that it can help others after you looking for the same information. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: