cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B2BUA generated 404 Not Found due to a TLS failure on the Egress message in Conductor call history

Jeremy Justin
Level 5
Level 5

TMS 14.6, CUCM 9.1.2, Virtual Telepresence Server 4.1 (1.79), Conductor X3.

CTS based systems (CTS 3000) registered to CUCM, running 1.96 code

Rendezvous route pattern created and SIP trunk port 5060 created in CUCM

I schedule a call in TMS, it creates the scheduled call on the Conductor, Conductor creates the conference on the TP Server.

However when CTS 3000 makes a call it gets fast busy.

I can see in Conductor Call History 404 errors with the message B2BUA generated 404 Not Found due to a TLS failure on the Egress.

I have not configured any TLS or secure protocols besides port 443 for the Conductor to manage the Telepresence Server. Everything else is configured for port 5060.

This is a small environment, only a single CUCM pub and sub for telepresence systems. No external dialing, no expressway present.

Help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jeremy Justin
Level 5
Level 5

The solution to this was two fold. First, the connection between TS and Conductor has to be port 5061 TLS. This does not mean you need to upload certs or anything, you just have to select TLS and 5061 on both TS and Conductor. After we made that change (still using port 60 TCP with our CUCM trunk) the CTS system could call and not get fast busy...but it would not connect. I got on with TAC and they went into enterprise service parameters, changed the SIP Max incoming message size to 11000 (was at 5000). Apparently the TS uses a larger SIP message size and it needs this setting expanded in CUCM. After that calls worked!  Here is a more detailed message about what TAC helped with. Good job TAC on this one.

Calls scheduled through TMS for conductor are not connecting.

Telepresence Server Event Log:

Tearing down call from "4000" - destroy at far end request; remote teardown.

Resolution Summary:

Configure communication between the Telepresence Server and Conductor to use TLS over 5061

Telepresence Server:

- Enabled 5061/TLS in Network Services

- SIP Settings configured to TLS

Conductor:

Conference Bridge Configuration to 5061

CUCM:

In the CUCM Service Parameters>Advanced

SIP Max Incoming Message Size configured is configured for 5000 and needs to be at least 11000.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager with Cisco VCS (SIP Trunk) Deployment Guide Cisco VCS X8.5 Unified CM 8.6.x, 9.x, 10.x.

Pg. 32 Checking Unified CM message size limit http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-5/Cisco-VCS-SIP-Trunk-to-Unified-CM-Deployment-Guide-CUCM-8-9-10-and-X8-5.pdf

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jeremy Justin
Level 5
Level 5

The solution to this was two fold. First, the connection between TS and Conductor has to be port 5061 TLS. This does not mean you need to upload certs or anything, you just have to select TLS and 5061 on both TS and Conductor. After we made that change (still using port 60 TCP with our CUCM trunk) the CTS system could call and not get fast busy...but it would not connect. I got on with TAC and they went into enterprise service parameters, changed the SIP Max incoming message size to 11000 (was at 5000). Apparently the TS uses a larger SIP message size and it needs this setting expanded in CUCM. After that calls worked!  Here is a more detailed message about what TAC helped with. Good job TAC on this one.

Calls scheduled through TMS for conductor are not connecting.

Telepresence Server Event Log:

Tearing down call from "4000" - destroy at far end request; remote teardown.

Resolution Summary:

Configure communication between the Telepresence Server and Conductor to use TLS over 5061

Telepresence Server:

- Enabled 5061/TLS in Network Services

- SIP Settings configured to TLS

Conductor:

Conference Bridge Configuration to 5061

CUCM:

In the CUCM Service Parameters>Advanced

SIP Max Incoming Message Size configured is configured for 5000 and needs to be at least 11000.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager with Cisco VCS (SIP Trunk) Deployment Guide Cisco VCS X8.5 Unified CM 8.6.x, 9.x, 10.x.

Pg. 32 Checking Unified CM message size limit http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-5/Cisco-VCS-SIP-Trunk-to-Unified-CM-Deployment-Guide-CUCM-8-9-10-and-X8-5.pdf

Hi

Do you need to restart the CUCM 8.6.2 Call Manager service after changing the "SIP Max Incoming Message Size"?

thanks

We were using CUCM 9.1.2 but did not have to restart services.

Hi Jeremy,

Finally, How You did to resolve the issue: B2BUA generated 404 Not Found due to a TLS

I have the same error now, but I have the encryption key installed.

the logs en el Telepresence Server are shown below:

15:50:49.479 APPInfoconference "6708": deleted via API (no participants)
17915:50:18.842 APPInfoconference "6708" created
17815:47:11.296 APPInfoconference "6708": deleted via API (no participants)
17715:46:40.546 APPInfoconference "6708" created
17615:40:23.627 APPInfoconference "6708": deleted via API (no participants)
17515:39:52.221 APPInfoconference "6708" created
17415:10:34.835 APPInfoconference "6708": deleted via API (no participants)
17315:10:03.479 APPInfoconference "6708" created

I appreciate your help.

Javier