cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Blackmagic mini recorder

Hi, has anybody been able to use an external camera instead of the computers inbuilt webcam? Ive been trying to use a Blackmagic mini recorder to bring in a signal from my SonyA7iii, but it is not coming up as an option in the camera drop down menu. The Blackmagic audio is available as option. I just want to get a HD  video feed happening.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
VIP Collaborator

For the most part, an HDMI or USB source is going to work.
Lately with both laptops feeds and Room kit feeds, I have been connecting up GoPro's - wireless HDMI on Room Kit - Camlink4k HDMI/USB converter for laptops. This has been working very well for our training team new to virtual led training.
Highlighted

Thanks for reply Mike. I'm using the BM mini recorder and it's not being recognised in the drop down menu. It's recognising the BM audio link. Maybe i should try the camlink. just a bit of a waste if it doesnt work though. So, you have been able to pick different camera options, like GoPro, in the video drop down menu?

Highlighted

Yes, when I use the camlink (HDMI to USB converter) - Webex drop down shows camlink as a option for video. I have not tried anything other than the go pro but i suspect any HDMI input would work.