Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Booking meetings via Outlook

Hi,

I have an issue where my TP was placed into existing boardrooms in the company.

The booking of conference via outlook works perfect after the integration between TMS and Exchange, my problem how ever now is.

Is there a way I can bind the physical boardroom to my TP meeting resource in outlook so if I book a meeting via outlook it will automatically book the physical meeting room as well?

Or is this a manual prcess that I have to book all my TP resources and then manually add the meeting rooms as well where they are based in?

Regards,

Herman           

Best Regards
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

if I use the one account for the boardroom will the system startup the TP unit in that room if only that room was booked for a meeting or is the system clever enough that more that one resource is necassary for a TP meeting before starting up the units?

If there only is one video resouce in a TMS booking, TMS won't connect the video unit to anything or otherwise make changes to it. The only excpetion is that TMS will send a calendar item to the video unit's touch panel — some end users could perhaps find this a bit confusing if they weren't expecting to call into a conference.

One caveat though: If your have TMS's "External MCU Usage in Routing" setting set to "always", you waste an MCU port when scheduling an one room meeting and not connecting. That could be a problem if you are low on MCU ports.

Regards,

Kjetil

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I assume you have two different Exchange resource mailboxes, one representing the room and one representing the video system?

That is generally not the recommended setup - most customers use only one Exchange resource to represent both the room and the video system. In this setup, you cannot book one without the other.

I am not aware of any Exchange mechanism that allows you to automatically add the video resource when the room resource is added to a booking.

Regards,

Kjetil

Hi Kjetil,

That makes allot of sense yes we deployed the system into an existing boardroom used for normal meetings as well.

So my question now is, if I use the one account for the boardroom will the system startup the TP unit in that room if only that room was booked for a meeting or is the system clever enough that more that one resource is necassary for a TP meeting before starting up the units?

Best Regards

if I use the one account for the boardroom will the system startup the TP unit in that room if only that room was booked for a meeting or is the system clever enough that more that one resource is necassary for a TP meeting before starting up the units?

If there only is one video resouce in a TMS booking, TMS won't connect the video unit to anything or otherwise make changes to it. The only excpetion is that TMS will send a calendar item to the video unit's touch panel — some end users could perhaps find this a bit confusing if they weren't expecting to call into a conference.

One caveat though: If your have TMS's "External MCU Usage in Routing" setting set to "always", you waste an MCU port when scheduling an one room meeting and not connecting. That could be a problem if you are low on MCU ports.

Regards,

Kjetil

Hi Kjetil,

Just tested it with one meeting room and yes it send the touch panel meeting starts in 2 minutes but nothing started under conferencing on my MCU.

Regards,

Herman

Best Regards